News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Politicians

Started by Towntalk, November 04, 2011, 02:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

1. I can count the politicians I trust with one hand, nay one finger stuck straight up in the air.

2. Don't even talk to me about gutter politics ... it is a cancer on the body politics ... and both parties are guilty of it, and the news media eats it up, passing much of it off as fact even though they haven't seen it with their own two eyes, or heard it with their own two ears first hand.

3. So far as this old soul is concerned whenever some politician, any politician come up to me with a grin on his face wanting to give me the glad hand, I turn around as fast as these old legs can move. Politicians in my book are fifteen points below used car salesmen and snake oil peddlers. Once a politician always a politician and just as untrustworthy.

sfc_oliver

I've known a few politicians whom I believed actually did care. Not many mind you, but a  few.

I've sort of developed a policy about re-elections. If there is a problem and you the elected official haven't fixed it; your don't get my vote on election day. I haven't voted for an incumbent in 10 years except for the Mayor out here in the Village.

(well not quite true I did vote for Bush but it was more of a vote against Kerry)
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

OK you ask, what brought on this sudden spurt of righteous indignation from an otherwise gentle soul that tries to see some good in everyone, and wouldn't harm a fly?

First, there's the political game playing out down in Columbus over redisticing. Then there's the matter of what Columbus wants to do with our city school system. In both cases, we have absolutely no say in the matter.

Secondly, there's the ongoing saga of the old South Side Hospital complex that has dragged out now since the day the county took possession of it, and is still no put to rest.

Thirdly, there's the business regarding City Council that Jay has rightfully brought up.

It's more than a body can stand.

And please don't get me to list the aggravations on the federal level, it would take days, nay weeks to list them all, and it's all more than a body can stand.

Come election time we lament the small turnouts, but really can you honestly, down deep in your soul blame folks for being turned off politics when we see the carrying on's of our elected officials?

As for me, at my ripe old age I'd much rather settle back in my easy chair and listen to the old radio programs of my childhood and pine for simpler days when folks could have at least some degree of respect for the people they put in office.

Towntalk

From the start, lets get one thing perfectly clear to one and all, I have no use for politicians, none whatsoever, and in point in fact, I'd rather walk into a den of vipers, scorpions, and rattlesnakes than rub shoulders with any politician, regardless of his or her party. Trust you ask? I trust politicians as far as I can throw the Empire State Building or the Sears Tower. One and all, without exception are a phony as a three dollar bill, and as worthless as a pile of play money.

Put them all in a room together and the room begins to smell of skunk spray.

The one redeeming value is that we can vote one gaggle of leaches out of office, and put in another gaggle of lice infested political hacks.

What a choice!

So what's the alternative? That's the sixty-four dollar question.

In conclusion there is one redeeming virtue in politicians ... free nail files, books of matches, pencils, and the occasional cardboard fan.