News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Straw poll in Ames, Iowa

Started by Towntalk, August 13, 2011, 08:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I don't understand it either, just all of a sudden he was all we had left on the ballot. I felt like we didn't get a chance to choose.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

I still can't understand how McCain got the nomination.  He was the most uninspiring candidate out there.

sfc_oliver

I'm still looking at the candidates. And even though Michele Bachmann won this straw poll, it doesn't mean that she will be the candidate, nor does it boost Ron Paul's chances any.

Last election John McCain had less than 1% in this same poll..........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Oh Joy...the whacko Neo-Cons have a new leader to follow!!!!!!!!  what a laugh!

Towntalk

Michele Bachmann's high-intensity, Tea Party-inspired critique of President Obama propelled her to a first-place finish in the straw poll in Ames, Iowa, on Saturday, giving her presidential campaign a boost as the field of rivals expanded to include Gov. Rick Perry of Texas.

Mrs. Bachmann bested an incomplete collection of her presidential rivals in a nonbinding, early test of political organization in the state that will hold the first presidential voting early next year.

Representative Ron Paul of Texas came in second on the strength of his appeals for radically smaller government, a pullout of troops from American wars and stronger efforts to reduce the country's debt.