News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

No Lines

Started by jay, December 23, 2010, 02:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

ditto from me towntalk

Towntalk

What is so sad is the fact that we don't get the kind of customer service that we use to get. Walk into most stores today and you're lucky to meet a clerk until you get to the check out, and most of the employees that you do manage to locate know little about the goods (WalMart and K-Mart).

I'm not a demanding sort, and I try to treat store workers in th manner I would want to be treated, but it really gets frustrating when it comes to the big box stores.

iwasthere

towntalk i remember those days too. i would do my xmas shopping downtown on xmas eve and i had a blast with the clerks. ;D

Towntalk

I'm very happy for you iwasthere, but saddly downtown shopping isn't like it was when I worked downtown and did my Christmas shopping at Higby's and Kauffman's.

As one walked into the two stores there was no mistaking the time of year it was. I loved shopping at both stores because I got to know many of the clerks on a first name basis and would pause to wish them a Merry Christmas.

Because I got my hair done at either Higbeys or Kauffman's every week I got to know some of the department heads and around Christmas time they would help me choose the right gifts for my family and have them sent up to the gift wrapping department where I could pick them up.

iwasthere

towntalk i did my shopping in downtown no hassels and no headaches.

Towntalk

Stores will be open today for last minute shopping, but since there aren't any stores to speak of downtown, to draw customers I suspect that any restraunts that are open will do scant business.

joly1584

Yes most restaurants will be closed because most offices will be closed.  The City Centre One, Commerce, IBM and Ohio One Buildings are all closed Friday because all of the tenants have told the landlord they will be closed.

jay

I'm guessing that most downtown restaurants will be closed on Friday, December 24.

northside lurker

Or there were a lot of office holiday parties.  Ours was today.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

There were no lines at the Food Court restaurants today.
Many people must have taken their vacations prior to the Christmas holiday.