News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Ice Cream Shop Closes

Started by jay, October 27, 2010, 01:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

It never bothered me, but a co-worker said she didn't order food from this establishment because there was an odor she didn't like; the smell of an old building. (Cedar's Cafe had a similar problem for her, but there was the option to sit outside there.)  Without going to extreme measures, I don't think this could easily be corrected.  But I wonder if it turned other people off from the business.

Oh, and for the record, we are not government workers. :)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

In addition to ice cream, the business also sold sandwiches and pastires.

The business was located basically between the Mahoning County Courthouse and Youngstown City Hall.  The government employees alone should have provided enough customers to keep the food business open.

;D

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

The ice cream shop in the parking deck on West Boardman Street seems to have closed.

Did the business permanently close or is it just closed for the winter?