News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What's Missing? (photo for today)

Started by jay, August 31, 2010, 09:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: jay on September 01, 2010, 01:20:19 PM
Maybe Vernon's Cafe could go in this location.  It sure would be a less costly than remodeling the first floor of the Federal Building and buying all new equipment.

That's a good idea, but there are two issues I see with a new restaurant moving into this space:

1. What are the owners of Rosetta Stone willing to sell the business for, now?  It may still be cheaper for Vernon's Cafe to lease and renovate the first floor of the Federal building, than to pay $2.9 milllion for the RS building.

2. When I had a tour of the building during construction, the kitchen seemed a little small.  This, or the added cost of expanding the kitchen, may affect the desirability of the facility for a new owner.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Maybe Vernon's Cafe could go in this location.  It sure would be a less costly than remodeling the first floor of the Federal Building and buying all new equipment.

Rick Rowlands

No a Save-A-Lot would not be a perfect fit.  Its inconsistent with the other development in the downtown area and there are severe space limitations at that location.   It is environmentally wasteful to destroy a recently built restaurant and construct something entirely new in the same space. 

Towntalk

A Save-A-Lot store would be a perfect fit.

Lynds

I don't think that corner will be empty for long....what are some things the board would like to see fill that space? I think something usefull like a small grocery store or laundromat would be nice.

Youngstownshrimp

I can remember the B&O getting over 1 million from the public and shutting down, I can remember Anthony's getting 100's of thousands and shutting down, and now I can add to my experience of seeing the Rosetta Stone getting public help and shutting down.  All this public money being thrown around in the name of urban renewal, but this is what we do, sad.

jay

Today, Tuesday, August 31