News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Patronize Downtown Youngstown Day - Thursday, November 12

Started by jay, November 10, 2009, 06:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

Why?Town,

Thanks for your support.  It is appreciated by the citizens and businesses of Youngstown.

:)

Why?Town

Yesterday I spent $27 at Star Supply on Mahoning Ave, is that close enough to downtown?

Last Monday I had an excellent steak salad at the Southwestern Grille, was that close enough to Thursday?

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

The name Papa is being overused.

There's now a Papa Don's on the west side.

It is not a downtown vs other sides of town issue.  The downtown area does not have a substantial residential population and lacks sufficient business most of the time. 

Support the businesses of Youngstown everyday but on Thursday Forum members are asked to patronize at least one downtown business.

northside lurker

There's a Papa's downtown, too! :D (not sure if it's the same, though)  I haven't eaten there, but the place downtown serves Puerto Rican food, I think.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Has anyone eaten at Papa's Restaurant on Hubbard Road next to Youngstown Oxygen?  The place just opened recently and since its right down the road from me I eat there often.

Yes I know its not "downtown" but I really do think that all of you should drop this "downtown vs. the rest of the city" crap. Are not businesses outside of downtown worth supporting?  Do not their taxes support the same City government? Are not their workers deserving of your disposable income?

jay

I had my favorite sandwich at the Santa Fe Southwestern Grill.

jay

I have to consider my time investment when purchasing an item and the amount of gasoline used to shop elswhere. 

I will not drive 10 miles to save a few bucks on an item or two.
I will not drive extra to save a few cents on the price of gasoline.

Rick Rowlands

I supported a Youngstown business yesterday.  Purchased three bags of concrete mix from Masonry Materials Plus and when I left felt as if I had been mugged.  The same bag at Lowe's costs $3.98 while MMP wanted over six bucks a bag.  Next time I'll plan ahead and buy from Lowe's. 

Hey I'll support Youngstown businesses when I can but that only applies when prices are if not comparable then at least within the same solar system!

jay

For Forum Members & Friends
Downtown Youngstown
Stimulate The Economy Day

Thursday, November 12
All Day

Invite Your Friends And Neighbors
Have Breakfast, Buy Lunch, Have Dinner
Get A Haircut, Buy Clothing, Make Copies,
Have Clothing Repaired, Get A Watch Repaired,
Work Out At the YMCA, Visit The Children's Center,
Pay Your Water Bill, Buy A Lottery Ticket,
Buy Tires For Your Car
(use coupons from the Entertainment book)
Spend A Few Dollars In Downtown Youngstown
$1     $5     $10     $20     $50

If you participate, please tell us how you supported a downtown business.