News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Movie About Planting Trees - Monday, October 26

Started by jay, October 23, 2009, 03:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

kenneyjoe330

OK - I wanted to go to this event  :) however I could NOT make it  :( so PLEASE can any one tell us about it  ???    8)

THANK YOU in advance  :-*

Mary_Krupa

This movie sounds great. I will be there. This is very timely because Treez Please will be doing a tree planting on Midlothian Saturday, October 31st at 8am. We will be planting about 20 trees and can use all the help we can get. Anyone who belongs to the Timebank will get credit for their time involved.

The trees will be planted on private property between LeMoyne and Sheridan Boulevard. Crickets Restaurant and Bar will receive 3 trees, too, and will also be offering lunch and drink specials in honor of the occasion 8).
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Rick Rowlands

You and others like you mock much of what I believe in every day, so whats your point?

sfc_oliver

This is true, I kill several hundred trees in my yard every year.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

News Flash!!!  Trees plant themselves! It may be hard to believe but the environment doesn't need liberals to grow trees!!

jay

Youngstown Environmental Studies Society
presents

TAKING ROOT: THE VISION OF WANGARI MAATHAI

Taking Root tells the dramatic story of Kenyan Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Wangari Maathai whose simple act of planting trees grew into a nationwide movement to safeguard the environment, protect human rights, and defend democracy; a movement for which this charismatic woman became an iconic inspiration.
Monday, October 26, 6:00 p.m.

- Viewing Location -
Lemon Grove Cafe
122 West Federal Street
Downtown Youngstown