News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Patronize Downtown Youngstown Day - Thursday, September 17

Started by jay, September 15, 2009, 05:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

sfc_oliver

I do not shop much in the city limits of Youngstown, fact is I don't go into Youngstown much.
But I have spent well over $4000 this year on repairs to the house or upgrades within the house. Almost everything I purchased was made in Ohio and all of it was purchased within the valley.
Even the new washer and dryer, the Dryer was built in Akron though the washer was built in Germany....Matched set figure that one out.
But our new mattress and box springs were made in Ohio, New TV is a Sony so no telling where it was made but Dinasol Plastics in Niles makes the rear cover for them.

I'd say I have done my part for the local economy as much or more than anyone else.

BTW Dinasol also makes most of the Martha Stewart Plastic items sold at Kmart stores.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Rick Rowlands

As I've stated earlier, contributions made by conservatives to Youngstown's economy do not count in the eyes of the liberals.  However most of the small business owners that I know are conservative, so if the conservatives all packed up and left (as rusty river wants) there would be no town left except a couple of courthouses and a university campus.

Liberals portend to be all inclusive and open minded, but in reality they are the most closed minded, mean and vindictive people that I've ever met.  Just ;look at the venom in the posts by the libs on this forum, spewing hate at every opportunity.  It is quite distasteful.

irishbobcat

He is without sin can cast the first stone......

sfc_oliver

Towntalk

Dennis:

How many members have you put down because they don't agree with you?

Rick Rowlands

Do I support Youngstown Businesses?  Well lets see in the past month I've transacted business with:

Youngstown Oxygen
Cleveland Auto Wrecking
Star Supply
Masonry Materials Plus
Youngstown Pipe & Supply
TC Redi Mix

And these are not coffee and dinner expenses, but totaling in the thousands of dollars.

Also our architect is in downtown Youngstown, the print shop I use was over by YSU until they moved to Boardman, and I ate at the Golden Dawn, MVR and Salsitas within the last month as well. I also purchased around $400 worth of stuff at Four Seasons the past few Sundays. So don't question me and my contribution to the economy of Youngstown.

BTW there is no nee to form a "Conservative Buyers Group" or some such nonsense.  We don't have to make up reasons to shop here, we just do it.

sfc_oliver

Facts are I don't have very many reasons to go downtown. And this past 2 months I've been rather wrapped up in a legal matter which I am waiting on a certain prosecutor to make a decision on. How do you light a fire under these guys?

irishbobcat

I had coffee at the Lemnon Grove and dinner Monday night at Casa Rameriz.....

hope much business do you support in Y-town, Rick?

Maybe you and your conservative buddies can form a support all Youngstown business group and shop together as a group each week?

What's holding you conservatives back? We liberals do it!!!!!!

Rick Rowlands

Whats wrong with supporting businesses in ALL of Youngstown?  Is downtown all that matters? 

cc4

I enjoyed some coffee and a great dessert at the Lemon Grove (the item was listed under appetizers on their menu).

It was called raspberry cheese with shortbread cookies--yummmmy!

jay

jay

For Forum Members & Friends
Downtown Youngstown
Stimulate The Economy Day

Thursday, September 17
All Day

Invite Your Friends And Neighbors
Have Breakfast, Buy Lunch, Have Dinner
Get A Haircut, Buy Clothing, Make Copies,
Have Clothing Repaired, Get A Watch Repaired,
Work Out At the YMCA, Visit The Children's Center,
Pay Your Water Bill, Buy A Lottery Ticket,
Buy Tires For Your Car
Spend A Few Dollars In Downtown Youngstown
$1     $5     $10     $20     $50

If you participate, please tell us how you supported a downtown business.