News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Federal Street Construction

Started by jay, May 23, 2008, 03:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

This is the corner by the DeYor.

Elmo-Ytown

So is the sidewalk going to be brick on the street side?

jay

More Work

ytowner

Quote from: Defend Youngstown on June 03, 2008, 10:08:31 AM
Project completion was orginally scheduled for the 1st week of Aug. Accordinging to Public Works, the contractors are ahead of schedule and might finish the W. Federal St. project by late July. It would be nice to have the project complete prior to the Italian Festival (Aug 1st-3rd).
I sure hope to God they can get it done by then. Downtown is a mess with construction barrels and caution tape, not that it's a bad thing, but it's definitely unattractive to vehicle and pedestrian traffic.

I will be excited when it's done. It will be great to see it complete in time for the Italian Fest!!

Defend Youngstown

Project completion was orginally scheduled for the 1st week of Aug. Accordinging to Public Works, the contractors are ahead of schedule and might finish the W. Federal St. project by late July. It would be nice to have the project complete prior to the Italian Festival (Aug 1st-3rd).

jay

Another photo

ytowner

In the end, I think everyone will be happy. That area needed a renovation and will only help make W. Federal more attractive to pedestrian traffic, which in turn helps businesses downtown!

Nice brick corner there!

Elmo-Ytown

Can you post more pictures of the work being done if you have them?

jay

Work continues on the reconstruction of Federal Plaza West.  In the photo below, brick is being installed on the sidewalk area at the corner of North Phelps and Federal Plaza West.