News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mill Creek Park Rib Burn Off - May 18,19,20

Started by jay, May 18, 2012, 05:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

:-* :-* :-*  a good rack of world class ribs any ol' time of the year, along with a pint of award willing ale but you're right Dennis the do should have been held later in the season.

Peggy Gurney

I will agree with you there. There were too many other things going on.  June or July would have been a better time.
~ Normal is overrated ~

irishbobcat

I believe holding the event this early in May may have led to the small crowds. I always picture ribs burns-offs
to take place in June, July, or August.....

Kids are still in school, people are thinking about Memorial Day plans, graduations, etc.....

I thought a rib burn-off in May seemed a bit early and goofy......

Peggy Gurney

I know. The GAC of Ytown was, officially, Saturday.  However my neighborhood and other groups around us started on Friday and went through Sunday.
~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

The rib burn off took place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Peggy Gurney

They were competing with the Great American Cleanup of Youngstown.

I don't think anyone in my neighborhood went to the rib burnoff. By the time we were finished cleaning vacant properties, mowing, trimming, and clearing out brush, we were all too pooped to do anything else. 
I'm sure many others were the same way.
~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

The event hoped to draw 15,000 people.

Only about 5,000 attended.

jay

The food must be good!  People are willing to stand in long lines to buy some.

jay

jay

jay

I saw a Youngstown councilman at the rib burn off today.

jay

I find their displays interesting and colorful.

Towntalk

;D ;D  With all those national championship awards, I would expect the ribs from these two vendors to be 999% perfect and totally superior to any and all of the local BBQ vendors bar none.  ;D ;D ;D

jay

Another of the award winning rib vendors

jay

One of the many rib vendors at the Mill Creek Park Rib Burn Off