News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shrimp Farmer Interviewed On The Radio This Morning (Oct. 19)

Started by jay, October 19, 2010, 08:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Quote from: stewie on October 23, 2010, 03:45:30 PM
Naaah. No trespassing needed. You can see the blighted sediment laden landscape from the public right of way.  Mmmmm bet it makes the shrimp extra tasty!

Stewie, what do you eat?

stewie

Naaah. No trespassing needed. You can see the blighted sediment laden landscape from the public right of way.  Mmmmm bet it makes the shrimp extra tasty!

Reported to Moderator - Antagonistic

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,  Liberals believe all land belongs to the State, so trespassing is not an issue for them.  Recently I have posted no trespassing signs provided by the Farm Bureau.

Rick Rowlands

Ron, has stewie been invited to tour your ponds or was he trespassing?

Raising shrimp in a pond is more than just one body of water.  There must be a source of water to supply the ponds and a way to drain the water to harvest them.   

Youngstownshrimp

stewie

Steve,
I think you are incorrect on that I have been touring shrimp ponds all over Youngstown and from what I can see it seems that you must grow the shrimp in a sediment filled mudhole to give the shrimp that special flavor.

Youngstownshrimp

Jay, 

No, and Purina has rushed out a shrimp feed in 50 Lb. bags for this new industry, retailed by Agland in Canfield.  Your neighbor can learn more by searching "Ohio Shrimp."

jay

Could these shrimp be raised in an above ground swimming pool?  My neighbor wants to know.
Also, what do the shrimp eat.

Youngstownshrimp

Thank you for your support, as I said on the interview, this is not about me, this is about us.  We have the land, we have the water and now we have a homegrown product.  City, embrace it.

ForumManager

Needed to use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox - Working now.

ForumManager

jay

A Shrimp Farmer Interview
Today, Tuesday, October 19
8:00 a.m. +

WASN
1500-AM