News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Snow Covered Sidewalks

Started by jay, February 28, 2010, 09:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Yea, they don't know what sidewalks are for.  Infact, they rather walk on the side of the street for fear of being hit on the sidewalk.   

Rick Rowlands

Why worry about sidewalks, most of the people in Youngstown that I have seen walk down the street.

connie254

I know in Youngstown, the property owner is responsible.

I doubt the rental properties are done by the owners, the renters may or may not. But with the amount of snow recently, no one can blame them.

When I lived in Y-town, there were people walking the streets all year round. You were threatened if you drove where they were walking.

northside lurker

AFAIK, the property owners are responsible here, too.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

Whose responsibility is it to clear the sidewalks  the city's or that of
the property owners?

Where I live in MD, home owners are responsible for shoveling the sidewalks
when it snows...

northside lurker

In neighborhoods like mine, sidewalk snow removal is rather spotty.  About 50-75% of the sidewalks are clear.  But, that's just enough to make it easier to walk in the street.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

There are some neighborhoods where the snow has actually been cleared from the sidewalks.  In this photo, pedestrians are able to travel safely on the sidewalks and not in the street.

jay

It's been several weeks since the first heavy snowfall and many of the sidewalks in Youngstown still have not been cleared.  In the photo below, a couple walks home along Mahoning Avenue after buying some groceries at a corner convenience store.