News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shame On The Vindicator

Started by Towntalk, November 10, 2013, 08:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

we need another paper in this two horse town that has one watering hole. ::)

AllanY2525

I.M.H.O.  they need to change the name of the paper to "The Youngstown SPINdicator"

:)

Towntalk

I agree iwasthere, and that is why the two articles were so offensive especially the one by the politics editor was so offensive.

iwasthere

tt i find it belittling to the educated voter that winners and losers uses the race card. i voted on the basis on qualification, job exp and personal interactions with the mayoral candidates.

Towntalk

Don't forget that the Vindicator's editorial board has no use for Dave as witnessed by Burt's column today.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/nov/10/dem-chair-demands-a-coronation/

jay

The city's residents, as far as we're told, are mostly members of the Democratic Party.

Is it a case of Democrats in the 4th, 5th, and 7th wards sticking with their party's candidate?
Democrats in the other wards were perfectly willing to abandon their party's candidate and vote for the independent candidate. 

Towntalk

We know that the Vindicator scribe  is not a fan of McNally, but as we read his article in today's newspaper,  he apparently is not a fan of the 4th; 5th and 7th Wards either, for while he doesn't come right out and say it in so many words, he sure implies that the voters in these wards are racists because McNally carried these wards.

Throughout this whole election cycle, the race card has been thrown around by the Vindicator as it tried to fan some very ugly flames that all of us should have hoped were a thing of the past.

It's clear that the paper is no fan of the Democratic Party in Mahoning County, and by the same token we note that it has made no real effort on behalf of the Republicans either, leaving us to ask just what would make the paper happy.

Should the local paper in a one paper city be impartial on it's editorial pages? Absolutely no, that is not the role of the editorial pages of any newspaper, not do we expect it to be impartial, but, and this is a mighty big but, we do expect it to offer alternatives, and not to drive wedges between the races.

Youngstown is slowly making a comeback economically, and the last thing that it needs is for any company seeking to locate here get a negative picture of the city that would cause it to have second thoughts.