News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Redrawing The Ward Boundries In Youngstown

Started by jay, August 25, 2011, 06:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Given the sorry turnout of city voters, if the revision were presented in a clear concise way, absent any ambiguities, and provided there was time to educate the voters, it could pass, after all it's not rocket science.

jay

I believe the city charter mandates that the ward boundries be redrawn after every federal census.  The census was in 2010.

Reducing the wards by any amount could be a recommendation of a charter review commission.  Charter review commission proposals would have to be approved by the voters of Youngstown.

AllanY2525

I agree - the city's population has shrunk to the point where they no longer need as many
ward council-people.  Save the city some money..

:)

Towntalk

Divide the city into four wards - 2 North of the river and 2 South of the river and 1 'At Large' Councilman.

northside lurker

I could be wrong, but I thought this was one of the tasks taken on by the charter review commission.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Questions

When could we expect the ward boundries to be redrawn for the city of Youngstown?

Who redraws the boundries?

Do the residents of Youngstown have any input in this process?