News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question for Shar

Started by Towntalk, August 19, 2011, 09:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shar

Friends of mine live in the house next door to the house at the corner.  The house you are referring to was part of the mortgage fiasco a few years ago.  It ended up in foreclosure and empty for a couple of years, then stripped.  It finally sold a couple of years ago to a retired couple who have put it back together. 

Last time I was in the Printz mansion the pool table was on the second floor.  I have not been in it since it sold to the current owners. 

Allan...are you referring to the gentleman that rented the Printz mansion and was running a bed and breakfast for a short time?  If so, his fathers home was the St. John's church south of Crandall Park. 

Towntalk

If I'm not mistaken, when the Printz mansion was a convent, the addition that closed the port was used as a sacristy and the livingroom was the chapel.

When Sylvia bought the house it was used as a game room that had a pool table in it

AllanY2525

Is that the odd house that has the "bend" in it?  (Kind of like a the letter "V" - with a really wide angle to it....)

There was a fellow that tried to make a go of the Printz mansion before the current owner(s) bought it, and he said that at one time
his father owned the house years ago.  I have never seen the inside of the place but would love to see pictures if anyone has
them.

One of the things I love so much about the mansions on the North Side is that so many of them were unique in their design.

Towntalk

The house I'm refering to was home to a little old lady who my friend who owned the Printz mansion in the 1970's looked after. Sylvia did her hair. That's all I know about it.

Shar

The house that sits facing Tod at the corner?  If so, I don't know anything about that one.  I have been inside and found it to be a bit unusual. 

I just realized that you said house that "was" on that corner.  There was another home in that spot before the one I am referring to?

Towntalk

Are you familiar with the home that was located at the corner of Fifth and Tod across the street from the old Printz mansion as to its history?