News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown Municiple Airport (Landsdown Airport)

Started by yfdgricker, October 21, 2005, 07:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I haven't been there since about 62 or 63. I seem to remember there was a big area off to one side where there were elderberry's growing. Makes me hungry thinking about it.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Youngstownshrimp

If you want to know the owners of the 100 ac. Lansdowne airport, call me, they are my neighbors and only if you mean well.  They are also RR.

Kmart

yfdgricker

That link for Gemco Aviation talks about Elser airport in N. Lima, not the old airfield on Landsdown Road on the East side. Does Gemco Aviation have anything to do with the Landsdowne property?

According to a site I found, the property is owned by Lansdowne Land Associates. The address is 2350 Lansdowne Blvd,  Youngstown, OH 44505-3645.

ytowner

Rick Rowlands

Who does own Lansdowne now and what are they doing with it?  Who is the GEMCO guy?

Lynda Sue

Even if it were, it would be spelled "Municipal."

yfdgricker

I drove past the Muni airport about a month ago. It looked in pretty bad shape. The grass was high and the weeds seemed to have taken over some of the taxi ways. Do small planes still use the facility or has it become another field reverting back to its natural state.