News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Businessman Locked Out Of His Business

Started by jay, February 15, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

I VOTE FOR MINGO JUNCTION!
OR STUBENVILLE!

iwasthere

pip has two possible sites one in struthers, oh and the other in jackson township, oh.

Irishbobcat

The question is what is the store coming back as? A printing press or used bookstore or both? I have seen a few used bookstores go out of business in the past few years. Do printing presses still make money these days?

jay

There's space to rent inside the former Ward Bakery Building on Mahoning Avenue.  This is where many artists have their studios.

JoyceFarrell

What sort of location is he looking for? What will he be doing at a new location?

Irishbobcat

There are a lot of locations in the city I bet have cheap rent....

jay

Any suggestions?

There is a storefront for rent next to Youngstown Plumbing on Mahoning Avenue.

JoyceFarrell

There are a couple of locations on East Midlothian Blvd. but if he chose one of them he would not be able to turn it into a pig sty like his downtown location. His downtown store was nothing more than a dump the way he kept it. I'm amazed that the city didn't get on his back about the trashey way he kept his shop.

jay

The operator of Pig Iron Press is looking for a new location to set up shop.

Any suggestions?

jay

I looked through the front window of the Pig Iron Press Building this week.  Most of the contents on the first floor have been removed.

Irishbobcat

JoyceFarrell

Hookah lounges are mostly found in college towns and urban areas and are regarded by some as a novel and chic way to socialize and embrace multiculturalism, but not only that. Certain lounges offer modern hookahs with fruit bowls or other kinds of improvements over smoking hookah at home.Some people of Middle Eastern or South Asian extraction consider them a continuation of their own cultural traditions. Hookah lounges nowadays often distance themselves from the eastern cultures offering hookah and alcohol without the cultural elements. These bars differ from other bars only in the fact that they offer hookah.
Typically a disposable mouthpiece is provided for each user forhygiene reasons. Hookah lounges do not typically have liquor licenses but instead derive the bulk of their revenue from sales of coffee, tea, soft drinksand snack foods. Almost all offer Turkish coffee. Some hookah lounges have well-equipped kitchens and are more akin to bistros. In the broadest sense, any restaurant or nightclub can be considered a hookah lounge if it offers patrons hookahs, shisha and a comfortable place to smoke. Some offer Middle Eastern cuisine menu items. Due to state anti-tobacco laws, many hookah bars have made the transition from smoking traditional shisha to smoking herbal shisha because it contains no tobacco, or nicotine and is legal indoors in areas specific to the prohibition of tobacco smoking. Herbs do produce tar when they burn.

iwasthere

Rushblvd

Who bought the building?? (Lazy-I don't want to check the Auditors website)
And, what are they going to do with this building?

Irishbobcat

Removing items have been taking place all week....but there are still 2 whole floors that have to be removed......Maybe by Christmas......lots of stuff!!!!