News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Moderator Merged topics!: Limiting Citizen Participation/City Council Neglects Voter Participation

Started by jay, June 08, 2006, 06:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesrivers

What Councilman voted for this?....City Council Neglects Voter Participation
Did you know that Youngstown City Council has a rule which limits citizen presentations at council meetings?
Before each council meeting, a citizen, with prior approval, may speak to council and the citizens in attendance. The council rule limits a citizen's participation to one speech every 30 days. I don't believe this is fair to the citizens of Youngstown. Issues change from week to week, and citizens should have the right to express their views on any important topics before council.
Did you know that Youngstown City Council has a rule which limits citizen presentations at council meetings?
Before each council meeting, a citizen, with prior approval, may speak to council and the citizens in attendance. The council rule limits a citizen's participation to one speech every 30 days. I don't believe this is fair to the citizens of Youngstown. Issues change from week to week, and citizens should have the right to express their views on any important topics before council.

jay

Did you know that Youngstown City Council has a rule which limits citizen presentions at council meetings?
Before each council meeting, a citizen, with prior approval, may speak to council and the citizens in attendance.  The council rule limits a citizen's participation to one speech every 30 days.  I don't believe this is fair to the citizens of Youngstown.  Issues change from week to week, and citizens should have the right to express their views on any important topics before council.