News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Send Tanker Trucks Of Youngstown Water To Sebring

Started by jay, January 31, 2016, 09:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: cc4 on February 07, 2016, 09:10:53 AM
I liked the suggestion of sending the bottled water in WRTA vehicles.

If I remember correctly, the mayor of Sebring was against the idea of

supporting the passage of the WRTA levy to supply travel to his city.

Exactly!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

cc4

I liked the suggestion of sending the bottled water in WRTA vehicles.

If I remember correctly, the mayor of Sebring was against the idea of

supporting the passage of the WRTA levy to supply travel to his city.

AllanY2525

I like the idea of sending Youngstown water to Sebring residents to help out until their own
water system is safe again.  The village needs to start adding the chemical(s) they were
adding before to neutralize the corrosive agents in their water supply that caused the lead
to leach into the water from old pipes, etc.

In the interim, residents could get water from a Youngstown water tanker by filling up
plastic 1 gallon milk containers, which are re-usable.

Kasich was right when he said that this problem is cropping up in other areas of the
country because of our aging infrastructure.  A lot of older cities need updates to
their water systems.  Youngstown's water system is very old.... lots of water loss due
to underground leakage and poor water pressure in some areas.

northside lurker

Maybe we could fill thousands of gallon jugs with city water, and take them there on WRTA buses?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Some city residents have encouraged the mayor to ship tanker trucks of Youngstown water to Sebring, Ohio.  I'm not sure if the residents received a response to their suggestion.