News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Green Party Progressive Directions

Started by irishbobcat, October 27, 2010, 09:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

This was a half million dollar project at the Pennsylvania trolley Museum, half of that provided by a state grant.  The museum expects to save a little over $5,000 in electricity costs per year because of it.  It would take 94 years of electrical savings to equal the cost of installing the system.   The half million number doesn't take into account all the donated time, effort and materials used.

As Dan points out, I'm all for renewable energy, but at prices such as this renewable energy just isn't feasible for those of us who do not have the resources that the PTM has. 

Dan Moadus

Dennis, you just don't get it. I'm for renewable energy, and I'm sure Rick is as well. I support the government helping out in the basic research of making it feasible and practicable. But liberals and progressives insist on cramming it down everyone's throats even though it's at a point in its development that requires massive government subsidies to get anyone to use it. Do the research; develop it until it's cost competitive, then you won't have to force it upon an unwilling public. There have been many advancements that have made our lives better, but they came about in their own time, without the help of government.  When renewables become doable, and affordable, people will adopt them willingly.

Rick Rowlands

We are producing our power from coal right now.  Why hasn't Dennis choked to death yet? Looked pretty healthy to me. 

irishbobcat

Go ahead Dan, you keep polluting the earth so your grandkids choke to death..... :'(

I will opt for clean renewable energy for mine.......

Dan Moadus

Dennis, unfortunately the only mistake they made was trying to force a technology into use before it has been developed enough to compete.  Here's all you need to understand, to know that your plans won't work:  From the referenced article, "Power from the most-efficient photovoltaic plants costs utilities about $275 per megawatt-hour to produce compared with about $60 for a coal-fired plant, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance."  Nuff said!

irishbobcat

Dan... :laugh: we won't make the same mistakes.......

Rick Rowlands

Let me see if I can predict Dennis's response:

"Keep drinkin the Kool Aid Danny Boy!"

Dan Moadus

No country invested more heavily in "green technologies" than Spain. The plan was to make the country prosperous through green job creation and energy independence. But two jobs were lost for every one job created, and the country now hovers near bankruptcy because of their efforts. . Caught up in the "green energy hype" they refused to face the fact that there is currently no renewable energy source that can come even close to the cost of fossil fuels. It would be wise to read about it before people like Dennis drag us into the same morass. You can do that here:  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-18/spanish-solar-projects-on-brink-of-bankruptcy-as-subsidy-policies-founder.html    It would be nice if Dennis would read this and try to tell us why his plans would end any differently.

irishbobcat

Green Party Progressive Directions

The Green Party of Ohio wants to move the Buckeye State in the following progressive directions in 2010:

The economy: Centered on innovation that creates good-paying jobs and provides every Ohioan a fair opportunity to prosper.

Health: Every Ohioan should have access to a state-of-the art, affordable health care system.

Education: A vibrant, well-funded, and expanding public education system with the highest standards for every child and school. We also support early childhood education.

Environment: A clean, healthy, and safe enviroment for ourselves and our children: water you can drink and air you can breathe. Polluters pay for the damage they cause.

Energy: We need to make a major investment in renewable energy for the jobs it will create, independence from Middle Eastern oil, improvements in public health, preservation of the environment, and the effort to halt global warming.

Equal Rights: We support equal rights in every area involving race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation.

Protections: We support keeping and extending protections for consumers, workers, retirees, and investors.

Dennis S. Spisak-Green Party Nominee for Ohio Governor

www.votespisak.org/governor/

www.dennisspisak.com

For more information, contact 330-503-1407