News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Why Ohio? No More Pollution from Coal Plants Into The Ohio River

Started by irishbobcat, October 26, 2010, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Keep drinking the polluter's dirty kool-aid, Ricky and Dan......

Dan Moadus

I'm certainly not in favor of polluting our water, but it seems to me that we have gone a long way towards cleaning our environment. Human life expectancy has climbed, which is a good indication. The level of pollution can never be reduced enough for people like Dennis and his friends, because if the truth be told, their overriding concern is not the environment, but killing Capitalism.

Overriding this is the folks at the EPA. Do you think the people who write the regulations will ever pronounce the job done? Of course not.

irishbobcat

Why Ohio? No More Pollution from Coal Plants Into The Ohio River

Every year 31 million pounds of toxic waste is dumped into the Ohio River, making it the most polluted river in America. Now, there is a proposal coming before the Ohio River Valley Sanitation Commission to allow coal-fired power plants to dump even more pollution into the water. We deserve safe, healthy communities to swim, fish and live.The proposed changes to water quality standards for the Ohio River would permit more mercury and other toxins to be discharged into the river. Already, over 30 million pounds of toxic pollution is dumped in the Ohio River every year - more than any other river in the United States. This pollution includes over 67,000 pounds of developmental and reproductive toxins such as PCBs, lead, mercury, and dioxin.As Governor, I would oppose any further dumping of toxins into the Ohio River. It's time we elect a Governor who will protect the environment, and not just the big dirty coal companies like Ted Strickland and John Kasich will continue to do.

Dennis S. Spisak-Green Party of Ohio Nominee for Ohio Governor

www.votespisak.org/governor/

www.dennisspisak.com

For more info, contact 330-503-1407