News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Let's Stop Rising Health Care Premiums With Single-Payer Health Care

Started by irishbobcat, October 24, 2010, 07:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Dennis, you're not calling for a halt to rising health care premiums, you're calling for a halt to premiums period. And a halt to co-pays and deductibles as well. Your post is a little deceiving. You want to provide health care totally free to citizens. Unfortunately that doesn't have a thing to do with its cost.  You say, "By going to single payer in Ohio, we can create an Ohio Health Care Fund that will see no premiums, no co-payments, no deductibles,and no one denied coverage." Just where will this fund get its money?

How silly of you to think billions will be saved on administrative costs. Do you know that Medicare loses more money to fraud than all of the profits of all of the current private insurance carriers combined? Obama's plan was sold on the same premise; that we would save countless billions with better administrative practices. How much have they saved yet? And if there is so much there to be saved, how come they waited to now to save it?

So let's recap. You think you can provide complete health care to everyone for free, including the currently uninsured, and reduce costs. That's quite a promise. Here's another for you. "Spisak for Governor, he'll give you all the gasoline you could want for .25 cents a gallon!"

irishbobcat

Rick:

You get your info from slanted folks like FAUX News.....

In the future, I will always doubt you.....

You are a clueless clown......

ytowner

QuoteLet's Stop Rising Health Care Premiums With Single-Payer Health Care
Let's not and say we did.

Rick Rowlands

I do so enjoy proving you wrong, and here is my latest.  Not that you will be able to comprehend what is written here....

"Health care reform is partly behind the increase. The legislation, which was signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, eliminates lifetime and annual limits on medical care.
In addition, under the new law, this is the last year that insurance companies can raise rates without making public their justification for doing so. "
http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20101024/REG/310249966

"A lot of the increase right now is really the unknown of the rules and regulations that are going to be imposed on the insurance companies in the future under the new healthcare bill that passed this past year," he says. "
http://www.gpb.org/news/2010/10/06/health-insurance-premiums-rise

"By now, most Americans who have been following the effects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) realize that the health care overhaul is going to cause health insurance premiums to increase. Even President Obama admitted that his health care plan was "going to increase our costs—we knew that."  However, the number of provisions in Obamacare that will increase premiums is likely far larger than most people realize. In recent research, Heritage analysts Brian Blase and Rea Hederman, Jr., highlight a dozen ways in which Obamacare will raise premiums. Three of the reasons they cover are listed below. To read about all twelve, check out this link."
http://blog.heritage.org/2010/09/23/side-effects-premiums-will-rise-because-of-obamacare/

So I say again, your experts are wrong!

Oh, by the way.  In the future, don't doubt me.

irishbobcat

irishbobcat

Let's Stop Rising Health Care Premiums With Single-Payer Health Care
The Dayton Daily News reported last week that area workers can expect to pay more for health insurance next year, but controversial new health care laws won't be a big part of the projected cost increases, experts say.

Doug Anderson, chief policy officer at the Ohio Department of Insurance, said the total cost of health plans for families and individuals in Ohio could increase 8 to 18 percent next year, depending on benefits.

Ohioans can no longer afford rising insurance premiums. That's why I call for the passage of the Health Care for All Ohioans Act.

By going to single payer in Ohio, we can create an Ohio Health Care Fund that will see no premiums, no co-payments, no deductibles,a nd no one denied coverage.

An Ohio Health Care Fund that will save an estimated $11.6 billion in administartive costs and billions of additional dollars in savings as a result of making preventive care more accessible.

As Governor, I will push for the Health Care for All Ohioans Act to help end high health care premiums.

Dennis S. Spisak-Green Party of Ohio Nominee for Governor

www.votespisak.org/governor/

www.dennisspisak.com

for more info, contact 330-503-1407