News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Our Leaders Report Cards"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 12, 2010, 07:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

YTown,

I was trying to be respectful to them, but you are correct, leadership we can depend on, not.

Rick Rowlands

Thats a good point.  Members of the executive branch can correctly be called leaders, but members of the legislative branch are representatives of the people.

Why?Town

Shrimp,

I noticed that you use the term "leaders" quite a bit when refering to elected officials. Are you sure "leaders" is the right term?

If what they're doing is leading, I don't think I want to follow.

Youngstownshrimp

Wow!  So our leader on the eastside didn't even finish high school? 

Since we just started the report card here we must do research on all of them, however what if we entice an educated individual with a track record to lead the eastside with her salary?  With all the educated out of work, we maybe able to land a true leader and hire that person.

Rick Rowlands

Leading?  Are you kidding?  We have no effective representation on the eastside.  A quick Google news search returned NO hits on her name in any news stories.  If only the residents of the first ward would select and elect a public servant that truly wants to serve the first ward, and become involved in the community. 

Also, the east side and downtown should have separate representation on city council.   

A bit of background in Mrs. Gillam from Vindy.com:

1st WARD

ANNIE L. GILLAM

Home: 1724 Kimmel St.
Education: Received a general equivalency diploma from the Choffin Career and Technical Center.
Employment: Vice president and secretary of A. Gillam & Associates Inc., a general construction contractor.

Family: Husband, Artis; four children.
Priority: To revamp the city's street paving system to more involve state funding in the

Note: In 2010 it seems that the city's paving program completely ignored the east side, except for little dead end Arrow Street!

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, how about Annie Gillam, how is she leading on the eastside?

Rick Rowlands

Yep since Mr. Swierz bugged out I don't think I'll be participating in any more 7th ward clean up projects.   

Youngstownshrimp

Because this forum site now seems to be the conversation center of Youngstown, maybe it is time we include our leaders in this public discussion.  It is sad that one councilman no longer wants to communicate with us so maybe we can invite him back.  What if we go down the list and discuss each leader, County or City official and their performance to the community.  Why don't we start with Tito Brown and put together some questions for him?  How about:

1.  What are you doing to better the Northside?
2.  What projects are you spearheading?
3.  Are you working with any businesses who wish to relocate here?
4.  Do you have any plans on solidifying the historic district?

If we all want Youngstown to change, we need to hold the leadership accountable.  We should all bounce questions and concerns around and then invite each leader on this site to have dialogue.