News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

18th Miserable City In USA

Started by Towntalk, February 18, 2010, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

give me san diego, ca during the winter months anytime.

AllanY2525

Folks,

I live just fourteen miles from the exact center of the most corrupt city in the
entire country - it's called "Washington, DC."

I love winter too - a fresh snowfall is beautiful and serene to look at.... I just
hate shoveling snow... LOL

As a kid growing up in Youngstown, we used to build some fantastic snow forts...

:)

penguinnick

As much as I'm pro-Youngstown, you have to admit that some of the most negative people you've ever met are from the Youngstown area.  Once we become more positive the misery index will improve.  Personally I love winter so that is not a negative for me. 

Towntalk

This article in the Beacon Journal puts the whole Forbes business in perspective:

Misery, thy name is northern Ohio

http://www.ohio.com/news/84761412.html

Towntalk

Forbes has never had a good thing to say about Youngstown  >:( ever  >:( , while other publications have, including The New York Times.

As for Traficant, lets hope that his show catches on in Cleveland and he packs up and moves there. I'm sure that the people of Poland would help him make the move, and Cleveland deserves him.

joly1584

I agree Traficant was a poor example for Youngstown being a miserable city to live in.  The valley has just enough "squeaky" wheels still supporting him and every time we seem to be getting away from the corruption someone else gets investigated or indicted.  Don't tell me corruption is everywhere, because it isn't and it is not has highly concentrated as it has been in the Mahoning Valley and Cleveland.  I have lived in other parts of the country(some cities larger than Youngstown) and never saw political corruption until I moved here.

Forbes also looked at high unemployment and high violent crime among other things to rank a city as miserable.

northside lurker

Well, thank your lucky stars you don't live in Cleveland, Chicago, or NYC, because those places are even MORE "miserable" than Youngstown. ::) ;)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Now this really makes me extremely angry!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Forbes named Youngstown as the 18th most miserable city in the USA.

>:( >:( AND WHY?  >:( >:(

Get this:

Needless to say this is a Forbes list
18th Miserable city in U.S.

Youngstown's favorite son, former Congressman Jim Traficant, is considering running for Congress again after serving seven years in prison on bribery, racketeering and tax evasion charges. Needless to say Youngstown ranks high on our corruption metric.