News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New WRTA new routes

Started by mrniles266, September 20, 2009, 09:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: Why?Town on September 23, 2009, 08:59:53 AM
5 or 6 years ago when the busses were comming to Austintown plaza and WalMart, I noticed (in the evening when it's easy to see in) that even during the height of the Christmas shopping season there was never more than 3 or 4 people aboard.

- Until routes were cut 2 or 3 years ago, ridership had been steadily increasing from month to month.  I would expect to see ridership start to increase again.

- Buses still go to Austintown Plaza and Walmart.

- Finally, think about all the people you didn't see, who got on and off between the time the bus left Federal Station and arrived at Walmart.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Why?Town

They could probably get away with a 9 foot model with 4 seats. 5 or 6 years ago when the busses were comming to Austintown plaza and WalMart, I noticed (in the evening when it's easy to see in) that even during the height of the Christmas shopping season there was never more than 3 or 4 people aboard.

northside lurker

Quote from: mrniles266 on September 23, 2009, 01:03:55 AM
As for the wrapped bus, the windows should not be covered for safety reasons.

I don't think the drivers need those windows.  Their side windows up front are clear, and they use their mirrors.

QuoteWRTA wastes a lot of money. They might as well follow the advertising found on TV. The car companies do it over and over. They must give some kind of incentive to ride, like Free ride coupons.

They have provided coupons in the phone book. (though I haven't checked my new book)

QuoteI don't like the Big Buses. They are too big most of the time. Gillig's (name of bus) is a very well made bus. They have a smaller model and a "rubberized" Trolley replica. Check out this site "http://www.tampabaytransit.info/gilltrolley.html"

You'd prefer that they use the 29 foot model instead of the 35 foot model?  Is there a significant cost savings with the different size?  I don't think the loss of 4 passenger seats would be a problem on most routes, though.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

mrniles266

As for the wrapped bus, the windows should not be covered for safety reasons.

I know a transit consultant,who needs to takes passenger counts. I not possible now to do this.

WRTA wastes a lot of money. They might as well follow the advertising found on TV. The car companies do it over and over. They must give some kind of incentive to ride, like Free ride coupons.

I don't like the Big Buses. They are too big most of the time. Gillig's (name of bus) is a very well made bus. They have a smaller model and a "rubberized" Trolley replica. Check out this site "http://www.tampabaytransit.info/gilltrolley.html"

jay

I've been on the purple bus.  It does seem dark inside.  The fine holes on the window coverings gave me the impression that my vision was slightly blurred.

northside lurker

I've been on an orange and a purple bus.  I like them better on sunny days because they are darker, and my eyes are sensitive to light.  But, with the ever shorter days, I should mention that these wrapped buses are not good for riding at night.  It's hard to see outside and know when your stop is approaching.

I overheard another passenger comment that she liked riding the purple bus "just because... it's purple!" :)

Quote from: jay on September 22, 2009, 08:19:22 PM
Has anyone ridden on this bus?

Do you like the paint job?
How do like the "feel" of the bus from the inside?

--Thomas Edison

jay

Has anyone ridden on this bus?

Do you like the paint job?
How do like the "feel" of the bus from the inside?

northside lurker

Wow, which runs were you on? (i.e. 7:10, 7:40, 8:10, 8:40 etc.)

I would imagine new routes, around here at least, take some time to catch on.
--Thomas Edison

irishbobcat

I was the only rider this morning on the Struthers to downtown loop this morning.

there were 4 riders on the downtown to Struthers loop this afternoon......

mrniles266

???Has anybody used the new WRTA routes yet? I was trying to find the new info. before they started. Not until the very day, the web site was up, it worked. There were a few typo mistakes I saw. As for their content, I don't know.