News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Greens: Obama and Congress are wrong on 'clean coal', nuclear energy, and emissi

Started by irishbobcat, May 26, 2009, 05:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

My father was a World War II Vet who island-hopped to Japan.....

A picture of him in uniform hangs in my house....

so don't even question my patriotism, Sarge.......

Invading Iraq was wrong and illegal. There were no weapons of Mass Destruction,
Just Bush's way of playing John Reagan Wayne and placing this country in economic turmoil....

The neo-cons were ignorant of the facts when we invaded Iraq. It's time to come home.

sfc_oliver

Sometimes, I just have to wonder if some people are worth it.

Then again I know that it is the veterans of this country that for over 200 years have given these people the right to say and think as they will.

And when I remember that I swell with pride to know that I was a small part of that, And no man can ever take that away. Even those who are  ignorant of the facts and do not appreciate the sacrifices made for them.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

And I believe new renewable energy programs deserve every dime it will earn and save consumers over the years.

I also believe the war in Iraq was unjustified and a waste of billions of dollars and lives.....

And I also believe under our current state funding of schools there is reason to believe we are handcuffed when it comes to school contracts. But until the process is changed in Columbus, until we send people to Columbus willing to change the process, we are stuck with the current situation we are in.

Towntalk

"All I am saying is that you need government support and that includes taxes to launch any major building program in this country's history. And when I hear people don't want their taxes going there, I reply there are many places my taxes go that I am against."

Oh, so you're against National Defense?

Well I'm against property owners having a gun put to their heads and being forced to pay property taxes to fund schools when they don't have children in those schools.

I'm also against the NEA and OEA blackmailing communities in order to get raises and benefits when the people in those communities are having their own benefits taken away from them.

sfc_oliver

Sarge....

I bet you didn't mind when my tax dollars paid for your salary and your retirement....

Irishbobcat I think I earned every dime of that. If you don't think so then you have a true problem, and need to stay out of politics.

Towntalk

Since when did scientists set laws, appropriate funds, and enforce laws?

The fact of the matter is that these scientists who you refer to presented testimony on the HR 2454 bill, and it was their testimony that helped get it out of committee.

Please don't be disingenuous Dennis scientists do not govern this country.

If you would take the time to examine the hearings on HR 2454 you would see that their input is being taken seriously.

irishbobcat

All I am saying is that you need government support and that includes taxes to launch any major building program in this country's history. And when I hear people don't want their taxes going there, I reply there are many places my taxes go that I am against.

But to be against progress...clean renewable energy just because politicians pushed it is unreal...did scientists push the New Deal through?

Towntalk

Towntalk

Dennis, what in the name of all that is good and holy do you think Congress is doing? To hear you talk, nothing, yet just this year two major bills were passed that contain all the things you advocate. Have you personally taken the time to read them so that you can comment?

I know that it's difficult to wade through about 2000 pages of legislation, but there are summerys that make the task easier.

Also, it might be informative to read the hearings which you can download, but again it would require a little effort on your part, but I might point out to you that the environmentalists offered testimony during those hearings and if you just read their testimony and the committees questions you would see that your concerns are on the front burner.

irishbobcat

and where will we be without America joining the 21st century in renewable energies....

You can't have it both ways......He doesn't want to spend taxes for renewable energies...then my taxes should have not gone for an illegal invasion of Iraq looking for fake weapons of Mass Destruction.....and continues this very day....
some eight years later.......

Towntalk

That's comparing apples to oranges Dennis. The Constitution provides for the national defense. Where would we be without men like Sarge? We would be speaking either German or Japanese today.

How many years did you feed at the public troft as a teacher, as a principle and as a school board member?

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

irishbobcat

Sarge....

I bet you didn't mind when my tax dollars paid for your salary and your retirement....

Towntalk

Not to worry Sarge, it's our children and grandchildren that will be forced to foot the bill, but then these people couldn't care less so long as they get their way. So they have to live in communes like the people in China and North Korea.

It means nothing that America is trillions of dollars in debt and climbing by the hour.

In one of the British papers today it was reported that sheep burps are destroying the environment and the humble tomato is a dangerous source of CO2 and the Greens in England want them banned.

sfc_oliver

Didn't I mention months ago that all this green was leading to new and more dollars out of our pockets, Again here we go with more taxes. I just do not buy it. Politicians are force feeding this down our throats. Everything has been a hurry up and get it now since this administration took over. They need to slow down and start thinking.