News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Tall grass on foreclosed property

Started by connie254, May 20, 2009, 03:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Westsider is correct.  The owner of record is the person to contact.

I doubt you will be reimbursed for cutting the grass.  I'm already cutting the grass at two vacant homes in my neighborhood.  It's just what you have to do to keep your neighborhood looking good.

northside lurker

As I understand it, banks are making sure the foreclosed properties aren't in their name until the last possible instant.  So, I think the guy who abandoned the house technically still owns it, and should be responsible for it.  Not that this helps... :(
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

connie254

A home was abandoned around the corner from us and bank foreclosed on it, but the auditor's website doesn't list which bank. Another neighbor mowed down the tall grass, we're raking it, and another neighbor is trying to find out which bank and either buy it off of them or get restitution from them for keeping up the lawn for all of us.
Is there anything else we can do or think about doing? This neighborhood is so nice and the owner wasn't affected by the housing disaster-he abandoned it about 18 months ago when he and his girlfriend broke up.