News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Swine Flu

Started by jay, April 24, 2009, 06:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Scary Headline

CDC says there is no practical way to contain swine flu virus

jay

Cases of the swine flu have now been reported in five states.

I guess this is what we can expect from modern day travel.  Viruses skip across borders in a matter of hours.

Towntalk

jay

Perhaps our valley should use some of the closed hospitals exclusively for swine flu patients. 

Towntalk

According to a news report slugged 4/26/09 at 9:06a the White House will be meeting today at 12:30 pm for a special briefing on the Swine Flu outbreak.

The officials will give an update on the flu outbreak in the United States and the government's response.

jay

To what extent are we prepared to enforce a quarantine?  I just read on the internet that New Zealand has quarantined a group of students who had been on a recent trip to Mexico.

Mary

I don't know if the country can deal with this let alone the city. It worries me greatly at this point. I really think they need shut down travel with Mexico until they can figure this out and contain it. I know someone who just left for mexico. That scares me even more since we have daily contact I can not avoid. 

jay

Is our city able to deal with a crisis of this nature?

jay

Has anyone been reading the reports about swine flu hitting Mexico City?  It sounds serious.