News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

State Theater Demo (photos)

Started by jay, October 22, 2008, 06:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Jay,

Could you send me copies of all the pics you have taken thus far, in the
largest size that you have?  I have a gallery on the website with a few
photos in it, and would like to add your photos and some historical info
on the theater to this area of the site.

Thanks!

Allan
:)

Jaime Hughes

Thank you so much for posting these. The State is near and dear to my heart! I understand there was a need for it to come down, because it is making way for the new, but...historical things like this, they hold value to me. At least we got to save the facade! :-D

jay

The back wall is now being removed.

Click on the picture for a larger view

jay

Photo update

Click on the photo for a larger view.

jay

The balcony area is now being demolished.

Click on the picture for a larger view.

northside lurker

Not to steal Jay's thunder, but here are a couple I took earlier this Novermber.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

Jay,

I'll take copies of any photos you have of the State Theater before/during demolition,
at the largest size you have.  I'll put them in a gallery on the new web site.

Thanks!

Allan
:)

jay

The main building is now starting to be demolished.

Click on the picture for a larger view

jay

The Armed Services Building has now been removed.   The State Theater facade is still standing.

Towntalk

Jay, after the work is completed and the new parking lot done, would you please post a couple of photos so that we can update our collections? Frontal shots from across the street after all the barriers are down.

Also, does anyone have photos of the main branch library showing the new additions? The only photos I have are of the front prior to the new additions?

Another photo set I need are photos of the two Vindicator building. The ones I have were taken during the strike.

jay

This view shows the interior of the walkway which ran from West Federal Street to the main part of the theater on West Boardman Street.

jay

Work crews started the demolition of the State Theater Building.  This photo shows the mechanical shovel removing debris from the former Armed Services Building and the front walkway of the State Theater.