News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Jay Williams... No Longer a Supporter

Started by ytowner, September 18, 2008, 08:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

As almost everyone knows on here, I was a big supporter of Jay Williams for Mayor over Hagan back in 2005, and I was happy he won.... But after today, I have lost all my support for this man.

1. The JEDD Plan is an absolute disaster. The townships hate the cities guts right now. Why should I as a township resident pay an income tax to Youngstown??? I understand we need economic development, but how does raising taxes do that?

2. His cheap shot attack of Sarah Palin today downtown. With quotes like:
"She says that she lives next door to Russia," Youngstown mayor Jay Williams said of the Alaska governor's foreign policy experience. "I mean, I don't think that that really counts. That would be the equivalent of me wanting to do your heart surgery because I live next door to a doctor."

"I've never been to Wasilla, but I'm sure it's a nice little town," he said. "In fact it's so little we could invite them all to sit down in the Chevrolet Centre and probably still have room left over."

"I would love to be the mayor of Wasilla. I could probably do it from my home," he boasted.

My friends, those are cheap shots at Sarah Palin, and when I heard this, I lost all respect for Jay Williams. I am no longer a supporter of Jay Williams as Mayor of Youngstown.