News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

State Theater/Armed Services Building demoltion begins Monday

Started by Defend Youngstown, September 17, 2008, 05:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on September 17, 2008, 07:25:32 PM
Before they tear it down, is there anything there inside the theater worth salvaging? Are the projectors still there for example?

It may be too late.  I'm no legal expert, but I think any contents probably belong to the demolition contractor at this point.  (Unless the demolition specification says otherwise)

I'm more familiar than I'd like to be with this subject because I had the displeasure of generating the documents for some of the school buildings being demolished in the Warren school district.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Before they tear it down, is there anything there inside the theater worth salvaging? Are the projectors still there for example?

Defend Youngstown

The State Theater and Armed Service Buildings demolition project passed Design Review today and demolition will begin Monday. The top to bottom project completion date (landscaping/parking lot installation) will be Dec. 15th. Every effort will be made to preserve the State's facade and landscaping plans are tailored to inclusion of facade. Just a FYI in the event board members would like to take some final photo, etc.

Also, the Fallen Firefighter's bridge (a.k.a. The Red Bridge, "Mr. Peanut" Bridge, Spring Commons Bridge, Mahoning Ave. Bridge) opening ceremony will Friday, October 17th. Time TBD. Will keep you posted.

PK