News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Whats up with the Coconut Grove on South Ave?

Started by yfdgricker, August 16, 2008, 12:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

Happy October 1st. The outer most lane of South Ave heading north is still closed. There have been some bolts put into the front 2nd floor of the building and the people lift has been sitting in the side parking lot unmoved now for about 3 weeks. Maybe we should go put some Christmas lights and a tree on it. I think it's becoming a permanent fixture. Oh well, guess I'll just see how long it's there.

kenneyjoe330

Oh and you are quite correct - there IS space for "out door" stuff right next to the building ! ! !   Now where are the cars going to park - on South Avenue ?
They would also have to bash a hole for a door where the window is and the booth I use to sit in over thirty years ago (probably still there) would be lost  :( DRATS.
I think it would be just much easier fencing in the sidewalk  ;)  Save putting in a door and better yet save a good old booth  ;)

northside lurker

Quote from: kenneyjoe330 on August 18, 2008, 09:38:47 PM
Oh WOW - As long as this guy is "fixing up" the front of his place and talking with "The Officials"  he should request permission to expand the front just a few feet, fence it it, put a couple plastic Coconut Trees and some umbrella tables and chairs - I bet that would look great and his business would pick up considerably.   8) The light is green and I see only one car going North and one car going South on the street and NO ONE on the sidewalk so it should be NO PROBLEM   :laugh:

But, it looks like the owner of the Coconut Grove has space available to him on the side of the building for such an outdoor space.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

kenneyjoe330

Oh WOW - As long as this guy is "fixing up" the front of his place and talking with "The Officials"  he should request permission to expand the front just a few feet, fence it it, put a couple plastic Coconut Trees and some umbrella tables and chairs - I bet that would look great and his business would pick up considerably.   8) The light is green and I see only one car going North and one car going South on the street and NO ONE on the sidewalk so it should be NO PROBLEM   :laugh:

jay

This is a photo of the problem on South Avenue.

Public sidewalks aren't for the public anymore.

john r. swierz

A representative of the C. Grove called me and stated that there was a crack in the front and parapet walls of the building and they wanted to block off the sidewalk. I referred them to the city Engineers office for his permission.  Permission was given and then a break down occurred between the C. Grove and their insurer. As of last week the city grave the C. Grove until I believe Sept 9 to make the necessary repairs.
John R. Swierz 7th WArd Council member

yfdgricker

Anyone know what is up with the Coconut Grove Bar on South Ave? They have had caution tape around the sidewalk and the right lane of South Ave blocked for over 2 months now. I think when something requires closing a lane of a major city artery, it should be taken care of a little quicker and both lanes reopened for traffic.