News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Steeltown 1944

Started by Mary_Krupa, August 03, 2008, 12:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulmcall

Mary Krupa, was your dad called "Gus"?

AllanY2525

I just watched the YouTube video - all I can say is, AMAZING !!

I think I'm gonna put this up on my web server when I move my YTown Historic Homes and Buildings site
onto the new server...

:)

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Mary_Krupa

There is an old army documentary video produced during the war. It is almost 16 minutes long and is in black and white. The topic is Youngstown, Ohio and its steelmaking. There are some shots of downtown Ytown with people getting on and off the bus dressed up in their downtown clothes.  Also, there are a couple of quick scenes of Lansingville and Haseltine as well as some shots of a Wilson vs. South football game. The people mentioned in it were real, maybe some of your relatives. The steel mill scenes were great and take me back to the two times I got to tour Youngstown Sheet and Tube in the sixties.  This is a real gem for local history buffs. I found it on YouTube.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."