News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Thoughts on the November Election

Started by Towntalk, June 04, 2008, 09:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I could go with Mitt Romney based solely on the debates that I saw.

ytowner

Odds in Vegas from what I read got Romney the #1 Republican to get the VP Slot. He is a conservative. He can speak. He is an economy genious. I believe Mike Huckabee was 2nd.

Towntalk

It would certainly give Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage and a few other conservative talkers plenty of grist for the mill, but let me ask this question. John McCain is having his own problems with conservatives. His record is not exactly conservative across the board, and he's yet to name a VP preference. What if he proposes a moderate Rockefeller Republican as opposed to one that would get the seal of approval of the religious right? Or, what if he were to name Lieberman as his choice?

ytowner

A Kennedy will be just the right dose of liberalism that will bring all the conservatives on board against Obama. To Have the most liberal senator combined with the most liberal family===recipe for disaster in my book!

Go McCain!

Towntalk

While working on my blog, a thought came to mind. What if Barack were to choose someone that no one in the media even thought of as his Vice President?

First, you will recall that Senator Ted Kennedy, Congressman Patrick Kennedy and Caroline Kennedy made a big show of throwing their support behind Obama.

Second, Caroline has been named by Obama along with two others to search for his V.P.

Third, Obama has been referred to as the Black JFK in the press.

Could this open the door to Obama naming Patrick as his choice for Vice President? We know that the Kennedy clan carrys a whole lot of pull with the DNC, a whole lot more than the Clintons, so who better to select than the seven term Congressman.

Both are about the same age, and Congressman Kennedy is highly regarded by his colleagues in the House of Representatives.

I'm not suggesting that Obama would choose Kennedy, but if he did, would that convince you to vote for him over an Obama/Clinton ticket?