News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

We need Healthcare

Started by irishbobcat, June 02, 2008, 05:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

I am sorry. I am 100% against Government funded health care. I do not want my taxes to rise and I do not want 2nd rate health care for this country. The high price of health care is a concern without a doubt, but come on now folks, what does the Government offer at cheap prices????

I am with Senator McCain on this one. Tax Deductibles for those who do not have health care to help get insured. The Democrats will raise your taxes greatly to fund their programs, which also fund 12,000,000 illegal immigrants.

jay

Over the weekend I attended the Joe Kaluza fundraiser.  Joe will need medical care for the rest of his life.

Yesterday while I was attending a picnic, a friend told me about a woman who has cancer and is about to lose her home because of the high medical bills.  My friend is organizing a garage sale to raise money for the woman.

Health care coverage is an important issue for many Ohio residents.

irishbobcat

Why we need the Health Care For All Ohioans Act

June 2, 2008
In the state of Ohio alone, more than 1.4 million people were uninsured in 2005.i Some seem to believe that the uninsured are lazy and would rather not work. Others believe that people are uninsured because they would rather use their money to pay for other items. According to a June 2004 report from Families USA, four out of five persons without health insurance are employed or belong to a family in which at least one adult is working. In fact there are many reasons that people go without health insurance. Often, these reasons are not the fault of the individual. For instance, people are not always able to afford coverage that is offered by an employer or their employer cannot afford to offer health coverage to their employees. Also, some people have lost their jobs or earn too much to qualify for Medicaid, but not enough to afford private insurance. We Are the Uninsured aims to bust the negative myths that are associated with being uninsured, and advocate that Health Care is a right, not a privilege.

Uninsured people rarely receive health care when they need it and approximately half of all uninsured adults with chronic conditions (such as diabetes or asthma) go without the medical care or medication they need because they cannot afford the cost. Uninsured adults are also 3 to 4 times more likely to go without health care services like breast cancer or high blood pressure screening. Each year in the United States the deaths of 18,000 people can be linked to the fact that they did not have health insurance.

When a person's health becomes so bad that they can no longer delay seeing a doctor, who pays for their care? The person pays what they can out of their own pocket. The hospital or clinic also pays by absorbing the cost that a patient cannot pay. This can be done by offering patients care at a reduced cost, or by writing off the payments that are not collected. The state government also has some monies to pay for the health care of the uninsured, yet this is a very small amount compared to the cost of care. These state monies are partially funded by taxpayers. Society pays in other ways as well. Preventative care would allow an individual the chance to maintain a healthy lifestyle, avoiding lengthy hospital stays or worse.

Uninsured adults are four times more likely to use emergency rooms as their regular source of care - the most expensive setting. Part of the cost for this care is shifted to those with insurance, in the form of higher insurance premiums. The rest is absorbed by the clinic or hospital - limiting health care services for everyone.

As the Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative of the 60th District, I support passage of the Health Care for All Ohioans Act.  When elected to the State House, I will work with Green Party State Senator Tim Kettler to pass The Health Care for All Ohioans Act that covers every Ohioan for any necessary procedure their doctor orders without exclusions for pre-existing conditions.

Dennis Spisak-Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative-60th District

Campaign site: Http://votespisak.tripod.com

Visit our link to the Health Care for All Ohioans Act!