News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Simple Solar Power

Started by irishbobcat, May 23, 2008, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Simple Solar Power for the Mahoning Valley & Ohio

May 24, 2008

Since I have began my campaign for state representative for the 60th district, my ideas for bringing renewable energy plans and ideas have caused other to call me a moron, among other kind words.

Now that gas will hit 4 bucks a gallon, the new natural gas budget plans are going through the roof, and electricity costs will also rise, I know propose the following 'Wacko Green Party Energy Program" for the Mahoning Valley:

There are upwards of 88 million dryers in the U.S. alone, each emitting in excess of one ton of carbon dioxide per year. More than that, dryers consume approximately 6 percent of the total household electricity usage, adding up to nearly $100 in energy costs every year for most of us.

The solution? Hang your laundry out to dry. It's cheaper, easier on your clothes (they last longer when they don't get beat up in the dryer) and much easier on the planet, but it can be harder to do when you don't have lots of room for a big laundry line (or if you live somewhere where your neighbors don't approve).

Hills, an iconic Australian brand that has become synonymous with line drying over the past 50 years, is bringing their pro-line message to the States, with a clever site called LineDryIt.com. They've got products, facts and tips and even some celebrity fans to help spread the word. It's all designed to make line-drying easier, more fun, and more widely accepted in communities around the country. No matter what you need to do to get started, or just get better, LineDryIt can help.

Dennis Spisak-Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative-60th District

Campaign site: http://votespisak.tripod.com