News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bean Counter (when did it close?)

Started by jay, November 16, 2007, 04:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: Jaime Hughes on November 17, 2007, 02:46:26 PM
I spoke to Jason who runs/owns the Bean Counter. He said that he is not getting along very well with the Frangos group and there were too many complications with the plans. No matter what plans he made Frangos shot them down. (They were arguing for weeks over vents being put in...Frangos didn't want to ruin the building but Jason said that it was imperative that vents are put in for a restaurant.).

Rumor has it that Jason and the Bean Counter are looking to move into the John R. Davis building.
That clears up a lot for me.

It will be sad to see a new empty space on central square.  But, the Davis building is probably a great location.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Jaime Hughes

I spoke to Jason who runs/owns the Bean Counter. He said that he is not getting along very well with the Frangos group and there were too many complications with the plans. No matter what plans he made Frangos shot them down. (They were arguing for weeks over vents being put in...Frangos didn't want to ruin the building but Jason said that it was imperative that vents are put in for a restaurant.).

Rumor has it that Jason and the Bean Counter are looking to move into the John R. Davis building.

northside lurker

They closed their "kitchen" last summer in preparation for expansion.  So, for the last several months, they have only been selling beverages.  This brings us back to my original statement that the owner of the Bean Counter can't go forward with his expansion, apparently, because of the lack of progress on the Realty building apartments/condos.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

From my observation, the Bean Counter seemed to have more business than many other downtown restaurants.   Very few restaurants were open for the breakfast crowd.

northside lurker

I don't get the connection, but I've read that the owner of the Bean Counter is looking for another location downtown because the Frangos Group seems to be dragging their feet on the Realty building.  This was somehow holding up their planned expansion into a full restaurant. (Could someone explain this further?  Was the owner of the Bean Counter unable to obtain financing?)

To answer your original question, Jay, they closed this week.
--Thomas Edison

jay

I went to the Bean Counter today and quickly noticed that the doors were locked and all of the tables and chairs had been removed.  What happened to this downtown Youngstown eatery?

I've known for some time that many of the downtown restaurants were not going well because of the lack of business.