News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Recent Ohio Edison Mailing

Started by jay, December 06, 2006, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

our2cents

I received my notice today.  I called first energy and listened to the message at 888-254-6359.  It states the aggregate program is over as the city chose to not renew the contract. 

I held and talked to a rep, no open enrollment customers being accepted at this time.  Diane also advised that there are also no other companies offering enrollment to our area either at this time.  All energy will be supplied by Ohio Edison (First Energy owned company) at the default rate listed on our bills.

This whole energy choice is garbage.  Our bills are 2 times as much as they used to be, for the same usage.  Now, the same supplier gets to charge even more as the default company because they couldn't agree to a contract with the city.  >:(

I called WPS and the rep advised Ohio is full of issues over electric supply, and thus the reason no suppliers are open to customers in the state at the present time.   :(

our2cents

I guess we're waiting for our letter too then.  Maybe they stopped the aggregate program with Youngstown.  I heard they stopped it in a couple of other cities earlier this year.  First Energy was saying they were losing on the programs..

If you need to change, here is the current supplier listing:
https://www.firstenergycorp.com/Residential_and_Business/Customer_Choice/Ohio/Supplier_List.html

We've used WPS for our gas for years.  They offer us a new variable/capped plan each year with better rates.  I'll probably look with them to see what offer they have for electric, since most suppliers give discounts if you have both services with them.  The only reason we had first energy was because of the aggregate program rates, which were better.

Mary

I also got one. I was unsure what it meant.

our2cents

I didn't get a letter like that.  Were you on the Youngstown City Aggregate Purchase Plan that was setup (don't remember when, didn't change from them)?  I'm wondering if we're going to get the same letter.

jay

I received a mailing this week from Ohio Edison indicating that FirstEnergy Solutions is ending their contract with me for electricity.  Ohio Edison is now the new supplier.
Could someone explain what this is all about?