News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mike Tyson fight

Started by Towntalk, October 17, 2006, 01:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

What a dud ... what a Lulu ... Tyson the has been not only lost the fight, but lost the crowd ;D They were walking out after the first round according to the Vindy. What a waste when the folks could have had a better time at one of the downtown eateries. Come to think of it, I wonder how many of the folks that left took the time to try out the many downtown eateries?

Towntalk

Lums was on West Federal near the Warner Theater back in the late 1960's and early 1970's. It was a hot spot for media type people because of it's great food. It even had outdoor tables at one point.

As the downtown declined, it lost business and had to close.

The Youngstown Club is a great place to get really great steaks today.

By the way, when I fix steaks here at home I add fresh mushrooms that soak up the flavor of the steak ,,, Huge mushrooms that are glazed in the steak juices.

our2cents

Oh yea.  If it even touches the grill before being flipped, it's overdone.   ;) 

I like mine with just a touch of seasoning.  Nothing like a nice juicy Filet that cuts like butter and has a distinct natural flavor all it's own.  :) 

It seems I've missed history on YT eateries.  I was never at Lums.  Did they go the lost route like so many other places have?  Where is your favorite place to get a steak now?

Towntalk

I forgot to add that the steak must be rare. I hate overly done steaks. The juices from them are fantastic when the chief seasons the steak right.

When Lums was downtown they had the best steaks in town bar none.

our2cents

;D  MMMMmmmm 

I'm with you on the food (and I don't mean ear bites).   ;D  I don't know anyone who would waste their time or money to see Tyson after his mental fits.

Towntalk

How many members plan to see the Mike Tyson fight at the Chevy Center? According to the AP this is the only location that he will appear on his tour. It's a 4 round match.

For my part, I'd rather go to dinner at one of the better restaurants downtown than waste my money on a has been. A large steak, a side dish of potatoes drowned in beef gravy, a salad with Blue Cheese dressing and a glass of fine red wine, and Sherbet dessert would be much better than watching Tyson.