News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Weekday Dining

Started by jay, October 12, 2006, 07:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Entertainment Books
Do any downtown restaurants have coupons in the Entertainment Books?  Many organizations sell these coupon books as a way of raising funds.

jay

I hope all the downtown restaurants are full on Monday, October 16, and Tuesday, October 17.  Jesus Christ Superstar, the touring show, will be at Powers Auditorium on both nights.

our2cents

Quote from: jay on October 12, 2006, 08:01:14 PM
Does anyone have some suggestions?

Word of mouth.  Most people will not try a restaurant without someone else's experience.  There is nothing more disheartening, then to order a meal and be disappointed to know you wasted money.

The other big problem for downtown restaurants is most people's feeling of not being safe....no matter how true it may or may not be.  The same problem happened in Cleveland until big money developers took over a few blocks.

jay

On more than one occasion, my table of friends accounted for 50% of the customers in one downtown restaurant on a weekday evening.

There has to be a better way to promote dining at downtown restaurants.  Does anyone have some suggestions?

ytowner

Quote from: jay on October 12, 2006, 07:40:20 PM
I wasn't trying to promote the restaurant.  It did open within the last year though.
Unless some big event is taking place in downtown Youngstown,  most restaurants have very little business in the evenings from Monday through Thursday.

JAY: Do you know how to answer a question. You always leave us in the dust about stuff. F.E.: You will be like a local business is going to close if we don't support it. Well umm we know to know which one to maybe help out a bit.

SO WHAT RESTAURANT??

our2cents

That's understandable.  Most people I know go everywhere else but downtown after daytime business hours. 

jay

I wasn't trying to promote the restaurant.  It did open within the last year though.
Unless some big event is taking place in downtown Youngstown,  most restaurants have very little business in the evenings from Monday through Thursday.

our2cents

:o

Which restaurant might that be?

jay

Mondays must be a very slow dining night in downtown Youngstown.  An Italian restaurant is offering a bottle of wine to each table of four dining at the restaurant on Monday evening.