News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Anger beyond measure!

Started by Towntalk, September 24, 2006, 12:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Read this article and tell me if you aren't as angry as I am!!!!!

We've been doing a great deal of talking, but just how many of us have actually put feet to our words and lit a fire inder the collective feet of the Mayor and City Council that would become a raging inferno!

We want to see these historic homes saved, yet I'm reminded of the TV commercial of a group of men having dinner when one of the party starts choking on his food, and all that his companions can do is sit there and talk, until a stranger steps forward and comes to the aid of the man in distress. Even then, the party is oblivious to it's responsability toward their friend.

Council recently passed a halfway measure that is little more than a slap on the wrist, but does nothing to bring the thieves to justice.

Why then should anyone urge outsiders to come and invest in Youngstown by buying a home here and restoring it?

I for one have saved that article, and whenever someone from the outside asks about the possability of investing in a home here, I will send them that article.