News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question for Ron

Started by Towntalk, February 08, 2013, 08:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

What I have in mind is the soon to close plant on Logan Avenue. It has everything that a company would need ... all in move in ready. It could be used as a repare/manufacturing facility for the industry. It has a large office building ... a large factory building ... storage area ... and rail sidings and parking lot. Word should be put out that this facility would be available provided Parker Hannifin is willing to sell it.

Youngstownshrimp

Hi TT,
I certainly do not speak for the energy companies.  Ohio Land Management has successfully leased with most of the companies.  One thing I will tell you is that most of the land we manage in Youngstown has not been leased.  For instance both shrimpfarm acreage has not been leased, we just felt we did not know enough when the energy companies first came to town.  I wanted to get educated first.  In regards to ancillary businesses, really their is no stopping global money and BTW, Youngstown will be fracked when the time comes, the State has laws about force pooling, however what the opposition has successfuly done is hurt the plot owner from a "signing bonus," which is an advance rental payment.  The landowner will not get his rental check when forced pooled. :'( 

Towntalk

Does this mean that the companies you listed would also be banned from starting up ancillary businesses in Youngstown? Or would FrackFree Youngstown also throw monkey wrenches in their path on this as well?