News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A Stab In The Back

Started by Towntalk, June 19, 2011, 12:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

When I turned 50 years old and got AARP for a year - WOW - was I happy and thought they were really in my corner.  I NEVER renewed my membership and I think they are just selling old people down the river - I have very little use for those people.

I remember reading some where about Veteran's benefits being cut for ONLY ENLISTED can I say it again ONLY ENLISTED - yes sir - only enlisted men and woman get the cuts - in health care, retirement and other benefits.  I have a 10% disability and now have to pay for my disability medication - which for the past 30 years I received at not cost.  The disability is minor and the cost of the medication is very low - however I was just an enlisted person - I cringe to even think of the many problems others have and are presently receiving in the enlisted ranks ! May God Have Mercy on Them and while God is at it give us some good leaders in government ! ! !

Towntalk

Company C's CO was killed during the landing, and two Company C tanks with their crew wer killed by British fighter aircraft.

sfc_oliver

My Uncle landed with the 315th Engr, 90th Infantry.

My salute to all of them.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

I have a daily reminder about my father's service when I look at the flag that was over his coffin, and listen to the coverage of D-Day that I have on my computer. His tank Battallion made the D-Day landing - the 743d Tank Battallion.

As for Congress, both House and Senate, they aren't worth a bucket of warm spit to borrow a phrase from a former Vice President.

D-Day
743rd Tank Battalion, Company C
Landing Craft   DD Tanks   Notes
LCT-588   4   Landed on beach.
LCT-590   4   Landed on beach.
LCT-591   4   Landed on beach.
LCT-713   4   Landed on beach.

The Initial Assault Wave
On the right, the 743d Tank Battalion brought in all its tanks on LCT's. Company B, coming in directly in face of the Vierville draw, suffered from enemy artillery fire. The LCT carrying the company commander was sunk just of shore, and four other officers were killed or wounded, leaving one lieutenant in Company B. Eight of that company's 16 tanks landed and started to fire from the water's edge on enemy positions. The tanks of Companies C and A touched down to the east at well-spaced intervals and without initial losses. In the 16th RCT one, only 5 of the 32 DD tanks (741st Tank Battalion) made shore; of Company A's 16 standard tanks, 2 were lost far off shore by an explosion of undetermined cause, and 3 were hit and put out of action very shortly after beaching. The surviving third of the battalion landed between E-1 and E-3 draws and went into action at once against enemy emplacements.

sfc_oliver

And we salute and take it......

Some times you do wonder if it's worth it.

But I'll tell you, a little something that showed me it was all worth it.

On Memorial Day I and another Legionnaire left the luncheon and returned to the Cemeteries to raise the flags back to full staff. We took a boom box to play to the colors as we raised the flags. At the township cemetery there was a group of people about 20 ft from the flag pole at a loved ones grave site. We were a bit rushed and didn't pay a lot of attention to them but did what we were there to do. When we finished I picked up the boom box and headed to the car to move on to the other cemetery. That's when one of the ladies at that grave said "Thank you, my father heard that." I stopped and walked over to the grave, it was one of our members we laid to rest in April. I saluted and mumbled that he was a good man. And walked away with some very moist eyes.

It's worth it. They can pile it on all they want.

Towntalk

This is just pork spending for 2009 alone

http://membership.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=reports_pigbook2009

and even then this does not include every single penny spent that year on pork projects that year.

The 10 Most Absurd Pork Barrel Spending Items of 2010

Read more: http://community.nasdaq.com/News/2010-08/the-10-most-absurd-pork-barrel-spending-items-of-2010.aspx?storyid=32756#ixzz1PjJm3bkL

Republicans lead earmark list
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33096.html

By the way Sarge, Congress has been lying through their teeth to Vets year after year. They send our men out to fight their wars and then slap them in the face when they come home.

sfc_oliver

Of course. Can't be without the pork.

And the military retirees are used to their benefits eroding... It happens.....

Towntalk

Everythings on the table including benefits for retired military, but the one thing that is sacrosanct is pork ... billions of dollars in pork per year.

sfc_oliver

Is it a stab in the back or is it facing realism?