News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Youngstown Oil Town"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, May 05, 2011, 08:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on May 06, 2011, 04:20:42 PM
Answer the question, Sarge....you and the oil and gas fracking companies that rape the environment going to fully compensate
families when their land and water is worthless?

I figured you wouldn't answer.......

change the subject like a chicken neo-con would.......what a chicken.....

YES, I do ride the bike....do you, Sarge? Or can't your old bones pedal anymore??????

I'm sure that if a company makes an error and destroys or damages a persons property that they will compensate for the damage. And I'm also sure that they won't have to be bullied like the present administration did with BP. After they had already agreed to handle the claims.

Me? no I'm not a rich man and I don't have any stock in any energy company, So no I'm not paying anything to anyone. Unless of course somehow I damage their property. And then chances are my insurance would cover it....

And no I don't ride a bike, but I do walk a lot around the village. I don't drive unless I have to and I do my best to combine trips and plan the shortest routes. Last time I put Gasoline in my vehicle was April 2nd.

I've had the new light bulbs in my house for the past 2 years.

I've replaced almost all the windows with new double hung low E windows.

I've added insulation.

We replaced the old doors.

I'm doing my share. But not because I'm worried about the environment. It saves me a money..... Am I evil or what?

So again, until science comes up with something better, we use what we have.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on May 06, 2011, 03:58:43 PM
The dead space is worthless to the family that lives there........

dead land, dead water, dead farm........

You going to fully compensate each family that has their lives, land, and homes destroyed?

ante up, you neo-con rich oil and gas supporter.......

You riding that Bicycle and driving that sun powered car yet? My bet is that you actually use more gas, natural gas, and oil than I do. You see some of us have done what things we could to conserve energy. Others just talk about everyone else doing it.

irishbobcat

The dead space is worthless to the family that lives there........

dead land, dead water, dead farm........

You going to fully compensate each family that has their lives, land, and homes destroyed?

ante up, you neo-con rich oil and gas supporter.......

sfc_oliver

Really? It's dead space forever and ever? no matter what?  Even Nuclear spills are cleaned up if only with time.....

irishbobcat

You can't clean up dead area once there is a fracking spill, Sarge.....

Get a clue......

sfc_oliver

Can't speak for anyone else but I would be one of the cleanup volunteers if they needed any....

Until science finds something better, we need to use what we have.....

iwasthere

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on May 05, 2011, 09:30:13 PM
As of today, the big NOMAC drills are in Lake Milton, Enon Valley and Columbiana.  The energy company has encircled Youngstown, Drill here , drill now!
what will you say if there is an oil spill in the lake milton area?

irishbobcat

JUST SAY NO TO FRACKING>>>>>>>>>>

DO NOT ALLOW THE SHADY, SHRIMPY LAND MAN TO BUY YOUR LAND FOR MINERAL RIGHTS>>>>>>>

WHEN THE WELLS POSION YOUR LAND AND WATER.....>THE LAND MAN WILL SAY SORRY...>>SMILE>>>>>LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK WITH YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Youngstownshrimp

As of today, the big NOMAC drills are in Lake Milton, Enon Valley and Columbiana.  The energy company has encircled Youngstown, Drill here , drill now!

Youngstownshrimp

Tuesday night it has become official on Reuters and AP,  Chesapeake Energy's president announced that the foretold "Big Liquid Play" in their annual report is it's leases in "extreme W PA and E Ohio."  Further, that the $1.5 billion paid to Ohio landowners for leases, is now valued at $23 billion.  Also disclosed , Chesapeake is seeking another big partner to enter with them into the production play of our Utica oil shale, rumor is that it maybe BP.  Last night, Chief Oil out of Texas sold their holding in the Marcellus shale to Chevron, they also may make a move into E Ohio.

Well, the landowners, mostly farmers of E Ohio are now wealthy and will protect their assets.  My concern is with the entitled in Youngstown and other urban centers, enlarging the welfare state.  In order to thwart this potential, we must funnel the able bodied into energy infrastructure jobs and agriculture.  The subsidized must not be allowed to create a large welfare state and I predict that the community organizers and the Green party will continue to organize to gain power in order to enlarge the welfare state.