News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"The Lone Community Group"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, April 30, 2011, 07:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Finally, my outcry for a genuine community group in the Valley that actually is advancing without entitlement grants, pork and undeserved handouts exist here in the Valley.  Initially I must admit, because of the trees I could not see the forest.  This community group rather than garnering attention with T-shirts, or 24/7 FB, is actually performing.  They have rescued the Company homes from the entrenched gangs, they have created a nonprofit, assembled assets, security cameras are beginning to be installed, and small investors are beginning to take stock.  It is obvious to me, this group without PORK have done more for a dead community than all the rest of the Community- Organizing -paid -individuals combined.  These people are truly the poor of America, they receive very little if any from the Government.  They are the real urban pioneers that have bought property in a rough part of the Valley and fight to save their property everyday, I know , and have worked side by side with them in the last few weeks.  This is the type of organization that will bring us back, and not any of the organizations that only exist because of subsidies.