News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Gasoline Price - May 2, 2011

Started by jay, April 28, 2011, 05:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

News reports indicate that consumers are cutting back on their use of gasoline.  The drop in demand may force the prices to fall soon.

Thank you to anyone who reduced their own automobile travel or used mass transportation.

sfc_oliver

I use fuel perks also. But I do think that some items do cost more at Giant Eagle. I don't drive near as much as i did when working so my fuel perks tend to add up. Currently they are at 90 cent per gallon and I have another week maybe 2 before i have to fill up again....

Of course many prices are going up no matter where we shop... But don't tell Washington, they won't believe it....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

I don't know about that except for meat, but I manage to keep a full pantry with a wide variety of food, spending about $300 a month, broken down to about $10.00 a day, and by the way, it's amazing how many items are "Made In The USA" when you take the time to look. As for meats, I have some kind of meat each day for supper ... beef, pork or fish. An average supper consists of meat, two vegetables, a salad and a fruit dessert, and an average breakfast consists of beacon, an egg, toast, coffee and orange juice, sometimes exchanging sausage for bacon. In all, my grocery bill averages about the same as when I did my shopping at Union Square Sparkles before they closed, and using my Advantage Card sure helps keep the bills down along with the Fule Perks I earn. Oh, by the way, my freezer is always full.

jay

Generally speaking, the prices are higher at the Eagle store.

Towntalk

By doing your grocery shopping at Giant Eagle and having an Advantage Card the Fuel Perks can drive the price down.

Just yesterday after shopping, my Fuel Perks amounted to .40 cents per gallon... or $3.59 per gallon down from $3.99.

AllanY2525

Here's the cheapest gas in my area, here in Maryland... you
guys have passed us up... my condolences...

:(

jay

I hope the WRTA participates in this year's Dump The Pump Day which is on Thursday, June 16.

Some transit agencies often provide a free bus pass to potential riders to acquaint them with their bus system.

Towntalk

BELMONT AVENUE GETGO [Giant Eagle] $3.99.9

jay

Gas Price May 2, 2011.  The new high for the year.

Dump The Pump
Ride The WRTA!

sfc_oliver

Not a chance. I haven't any Idea where you've been.

jay

Youngstownshrimp

I'm glad their drilling around Lake Milton.

sfc_oliver

Didn't I say it would be $4 by Easter? And I expect it to go higher yet.......

jay

Gas Price April 28, 2011.  A new high for the year.

Dump The Pump
Ride The WRTA!