News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Company Homes, Fish Tanks?"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, April 11, 2011, 10:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

The post  you're referring  to was last year  regarding the North Side Famer's market.  I said:  "That is so great that they take the Direction Card and WIC benefits.  I'm pretty excited to hear about the fair trade coffee and yard sale too.  Coffee and bargains."  Two of my favorite things in one place!"  I was expressing my support for an event that makes locally grown, organic, and healthy food available to low-income residents in the city of Youngstown. 

Yet, you're trying to discredit me by painting me as some stereotypical welfare queen.

If you'd like to engage in a debate over public assistance benefits, I'd be happy to do that at another time and in another place.

By the way, nice  touch exposing my last  name in capital letters.   I have nothing to hide, detective.

Youngstownshrimp

To bad Mr. Tim Sokol, like I told you four years ago, talk is cheap, you had four years to perform and nothing.  The homes are worse now than ever, and are now only 20% occupied and habitable.  You either lead follow or get out of the way!  Well, Tim I guess the Party will go on without you, you were invited... all three of you.

Oh! and Leah IFFT, in your past posts, what did you mean by "I'm happy that they accepted my Direction Card and WIC?"

Tim Sokoloff

A Real Plan that does not involve chemical and fish smells wafting through our windows all summer long is located at www.haveacause.com and new residents are moving into the neighborhood all the time. You can take a look at four years of improvements and come see our receipts for the money that was spent on property that we have kept clean, maintained and cut grass on, including Mr. eiselstiens in 2007 until we realized he does not keep to his agreements, and still has yet to do so. Youth Build of Mahoning County will be joining us this spring as we restore several porch roofs and paint and board up a few rows that really need it. Our plan for environmentally friendly housing is much cleaner, safer, and being adopted 100 times more widely than this crazy idea. As for all the information about how hot this topic is, put it to the test against Solar and Wind power and all the people, cities and communities that are utilizing it. I do believe you will find that it is much more of a popular idea than Urban Aquaculture and more feasible not to mention cleaner and safer for a residential neighborhood. 

Oh and see if anyone anywhere has a design more sophisticated than the one we have preliminary plans for online at our site for new Solar Powered windows. I can see a factory building them for the entire nation right down in the old mills WHERE IT SHOULD BE, AWAY FROM OUR RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD WHICH IS GROWING MORE EVERY DAY.

Letters of Protest are being written, petitions will be circulated, and our citizens will be holding a demonstration to protest this whole concept on the proposed clean up day. Mr. Eiselstein has offered to donate those properties a to our Iron Soup Historical Preservation Committee a dozen times since 2007 but every time there are some new conditions or new things he needs us to do. Last year it was if you help me make the fish farm happen Ill donate the property to you but we had no desire to support such craziness than, and we don't now. That is why we put him out on the news in regards to the mess he has left in our neighborhood with kids living right next door. Go look on our site at www.haveacause.com and see what his row looks like and what he has done in the past four years. Great place for rats, possums, and other low life creatures, two and four legged, to hide out.

Oh and before Mr. Eiselstein tells everyone what a terrible guy I am, yea I am a former criminal, convicted in 96 and spent 3 years in Federal Prison. Hey Maybe I should run for office! But just like a good carpenter, even if he has been retired for 20 years, can spot another good carpenter, a good criminal, even though he has been retired for 16 years, can still spot another good criminal. Also I dont have a lot of money, don't have a nice car, fancy truck, big house or store in Poland. All I have, and all I need is a decent home and a decent neighborhood around it. That would be a neighborhood that does not include a fish farm, or Mr. Eiselstein. Myself and the people in our organization, who are all fine outstanding members of the community, are not interested in money. We are interested in a saving a great piece of history, creating a good clean neighborhood with good residents, and helping to end our planets dependance on fossil fuels to power our homes.

I have spent the last 10 years of my life working to better my city, my county and my state. I was a founder of the Youngstown Channel, (The New TV) which is responsible for even today our commissioners meetings being available online. I worked with our Veterans associations and have letters of accommodation from Tim Ryan, John Bocceri, Robert Hagan, Brigadere General Vincent K. Brooks and am well known by all our county commissions both past and present. Mr. Eiselstien enjoys throwing my past up in my face but I think my record of integrity, dedication, drive and community service over the past decade speaks for itself.

We do not want the smell of fish and chemical tank odors wafting through our windows if we have them open in the summer. Put your fish tank down in one of the old mills or on Wilson Ave. WHERE THEY BELONG because our organization, along with every person in and around this neighborhood opposes it being in our neighborhood.

Best of Luck
Timothy G. Sokoloff
Iron Soup Historical Preservation Committee Chariman

Leah

This  deconstruction party sounds like a great way to con local residents into cleaning up these properties for free, so that you can make money. 

Youngstownshrimp

We are rolling! The community of stakeholders have decided to get the community involved by throwing a:

Deconstruction Party!!!!

This Party will be held on April 30 , 7 AM with music , community speakers, pizza and beer for the volunteers.  All tools will be provided, we will gut all wood items from the concrete units and get the structure down to the concrete.  This community task will allow for a feasibility study which will culminate with an aquaculture design for the units.  In addition, the owner  if this project is deemed feasible, will donate units to a non-profit to be created for the entire Company homes.  Those who give a damn, PM Youngstownshrimp.

Youngstownshrimp

Last summer it looked like the idea was getting no traction, but now an investor came in and purchased several units including the one in this picture, which negated demolition.   In Seattle, the R&D Scientist has a new recirculating design and Ohio Aquaculture Assn. grouped up with the Israelis with their design coming out in the next year.  Not to mention that urban aquaculture as I demonstrated is very hot in the mindset of leadership in Ohio as well as the rest of the Country.  Ohio is being positioned to be at the forefront of aquaculture because of its abundant water, just think of the jobs it is going to create.

Rick Rowlands

I thought you gave up on that project.

Youngstownshrimp

These historic homes deserve to be preserved, however they will never be as residential, their time has come and gone as with the immigrants whom they were built for.  As with Youngstown, these structures have seen population decrease as well as deterioration, only 20% now are occupied.  Fortunately as with the depopulation, the gangs have vacated also and these one-of-a-kind structures stand ghostly.  Converting them into aquaculture facilities will not affect the exterior and the structures can be made to appear as they once have.  Urban aquaculture is the wave of the future, many communities are studying it and some are performing, just imagine if converted, what it can do for our Valley. 

Youngstownshrimp

We know that the brain drain in YTown has not drawn much from this Forum.  We also know that this Forum is the only site left that has any action whatsoever when it comes to discussion on the Mahoning Valley.  Therefore this site has been chosen as the first public disclosure of a study to convert the concrete YS&T housing into aquaculture tanks for cold species such as Coho Salmon and other species.  Attached are preliminary dwg.s and rendering of the structures converted with recirculating systems.  Presently, full architectural drawings are being studied by an R&D aquaculture scientist in Seattle.  Our intention here is to engage in discussion and feedback from the community, the leadership of Campbell has already been approached.  If any forum members has serious input or are supportive of this idea please sound off.