News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Coffee Dispute

Started by jay, February 07, 2009, 07:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on February 17, 2009, 08:33:28 AM
I'm old enough to remember when ordering a meal the waitress would check to see if your coffee cup was empty while you were eating and refill your cup free and with a smile. I guess they don't do that any more.

I don't drimk coffee, but my mom does.  Everywhere we go to eat, they still provide free refills for her.

In this case, it seems to me like most of the people buying coffee are content with the "average" coffee served by the other vendors, and don't want to pay a little extra for the good stuff served by the coffee shop.  I guess the actual coffee shop should lower their standards and serve the average stuff to compete with the other vendors.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

I'm old enough to remember when ordering a meal the waitress would check to see if your coffee cup was empty while you were eating and refill your cup free and with a smile. I guess they don't do that any more.

By the way, is anyone here old enough to remember the Wickwood Restaurant that use to be on Wick Avenue near downtown. It was a really nice place that served high class meals. And speaking of high class, did any of you ever dine at the Mural Room? Another high class downtown Restaurant.

jay

If I were running one of the existing restaurants, I would give away a FREE cup of coffee with the purchase of a meal.

iwasthere

what happen to healthy competition in the business market? who is behind this assine request? i say someone should be held accountable to this far-fetched request to squash competition among businesses. it sounds like another "my Mayor J" business tactics to run businesses out of ytown.

Rick Rowlands

Its called competition!  They can either lower their price or go out of business! 

jay

Some restaurants at 20 Federal Place are being asked not to sell coffee any more.  I never heard of such a request.  Apparently the one restaurant that specializes in a gourmet version of this beverage can not compete with the other existing restaurants when it comes to selling a good and reasonably priced cup of joe.