News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Open-Microphone Night

Started by jay, August 22, 2006, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leah

So glad to hear it was a success.  I wish I could have been there.

Some day I'll have a life again.  For now it's work, home and sleep, repeat as needed.

jay

The first open-mic night at the Oakland was a great success.  They are already planning to hold another one next month.  Next time, the public must be warned that some performances might be "R" rated.

jay

The Stage at The Oakland
Open Microphone Night Style Performances
Open to all area
actors, poets, writers, musicians, dancers, and artists

Thursday, August 24
8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. or later

Oakland Center for the Arts
220 West Boardman Street
Downtown Youngstown

Pre-registration starts at 7. There will be concessions available and socializing time and FREE swing dancing lessons. Come early to chat and see the theater if it's your first time, or learn to swing dance like a pro in less than an hour!  (satisfaction not guaranteed...no refunds available).

The performances begin at 8 and run until 10 or 10:30 if we need the extra time.  Oh, and did we mention it's FREE? FREE!!!!!!

Also there's no alcohol and you must go outside to smoke, thanks.

Our rad line-up includes (in no particular order):
-- The Zou (acoustic tunes)
-- Murad G. Shorrab (comedy)
-- Ryan Clausen (comedy)
-- Harold Davis (song)
-- Linda "Tess" Tessier (reading)
-- Rachel Rossi (song)
-- Brandon Smith (reading)
-- Anthony Genovese (reading)

We have a few more people who may turn up and definitely would LOVE to see more names in our line-up.  THERE ARE STILL PERFORMANCE SLOTS AVAILABLE SO PLEASE COME PERFORM IF YOU'RE SO INCLINED!

Please come out and show your support -- even if you don't want to get on stage, sit your butt in the audience (we have really cushy chairs!).