News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who's Going To Clean Up This Mess?

Started by jay, August 07, 2012, 09:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Here is how it looked on Thursday.

Other nearby grease spots have not been totally cleaned up.

Towntalk

Jay, from the tone of your post, the cleanup was not perfect:

"As of Thursday, this location was cleaned up for the most part." 
Could you please post a before and after photos so we can see the results?

jay

As of Thursday, this location was cleaned up for the most part.

iwasthere

lynz the it chair must come down hard on the vendors that made the mess. the it chair can look at the vendor's map to see who are the culpits. the culpits must appear in front of this blog's board to recieve their bambostick thrashing. i will give thm their first fifty thrashes. it will hurt them more then it will hurt me.

Lynds

Towntalk

May God richly bless you Lyndz, you are a real jewel that we can all be proud of for your hard work. Jobs like yours can't be easy.

Lyndz

No one is positive on who's grease and who's buckets. The Festival Chair has never had an issue like this before and the problem is being resolved.

Fingers crossed it's clean enough to eat off of tomorrow morning.

iwasthere

i was shoched by the grease spills that were on the sidewalkks in the central sq area. this was the first time that i saw this type of mess from this festival. i bet some of these vendors that it wa okay to trash ytown becaue its ytown. these vendors must recieve a stern warning about their sloppinss that will not be toleated next yr.

Towntalk

Jay, thank you for your hard work on this matter. This was clearly a violation of the code governing the proper disposal of waste grease, and the department that inspects restaurant and food trucks should act on this matter against the vendor that occupied that space.

jay

Good work Lyndz.  I'm glad the city doesn't have to incur the expense for this special cleaning.

Next question
Whose buckets of grease were dumped along the curb on West Federal Street?

Lyndz

spoke to the Italian Heritage Foundations Chairman yesterday and they are going to pay to have everything cleaned, he was calling a few places yesterday and will be contacting me today with a time.

jay

I'm sure the festival organizers know which food vendor occupied this space and the other spaces where grease stains were made.  It was the food vendor's sloppy food handling practices that caused the problem.  The food vendor should be forced to come back to clean the sidewalk.  If they refuse, take them to court for damaging public property.

irishbobcat

I thought the gas and oil drillers have told us repeatively there is no such thing as fracking accidents? Does this mean they lied to us? lol

Youngstownshrimp

I think it is frack fluid and the oil companies must be made to pay.

irishbobcat

And the city fathers were all up in arms about the Occupy Youngstown tent and trash barrel making a mess.